This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too hot to play video games??????

Earlier this week I went to a new video game store to see if they had a certain older video game for PS2. I can't believe what actually happened:

SW: Sucky Worker. Kind of large, wore glasses, and was definitely not very nice.
    Me:

Me: Hi, do yall have <video game?>
    SW: *looks me up and down* Ha, you're too hot to play video games. *goes back to what he was doing*
    Me: I didn't know if it was a compliment or an insult, so I just went on, Um, so, do yall have it?
    SW: No.

I guess I was kind of mad because he judged me based on my looks. The game I was looking for was kind of old too, an early PS2 game, so it would have made sense for him to at least check to see if they had it because he couldn't have possibly known off the top of his head. I think he just wanted to get rid of me because he didn't think I would really buy anything? Either way, I was so put off that I just left, and didn't look myself to see if it was really there.

That's really mean of him.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Call and talk to a manager w/ date and time. I'm sure they'd love to know their employee is driving off customers.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        Call and talk to a manager w/ date and time. I'm sure they'd love to know their employee is driving off customers.
        Especially hot ones.

Not to mention all the gamer nerds who would trip over themselves to even see a hot girl playing videogames. It's like foreplay for them...

Least that's what my nerd says.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
          Especially hot ones.

Not to mention all the gamer nerds who would trip over themselves to even see a hot girl playing videogames. It's like foreplay for them...

Least that's what my nerd says.
          There are cute guys who are game geeks too!

*not a guy*
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

*not a guy*
            Yeah, but I'm not sharing. *cuddles her nerd*
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

While that was mean, I wish I had your problems! Nobody's ever called me too hot for anything.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

*not a guy*
                Yeah, there are!

*is a game geek*

*and a guy*
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                  Yeah, there are!

*is a game geek*

*and a guy*
                  Ah, but is he hot?

Comment

Without question, that employee was a condescending jerk.

GiftShopGirl, you deserve to be treated with a lot more respect than he gave you, and you were far more polite to him than he deserved, that's for sure.

Now, having said that . . .

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
                    he couldn't have possibly known off the top of his head.
                    Uh . . . Why not?

Why does the fact that it was an early PS2 game mean that it was impossible for him to know, without checking, whether or not they had it?

Maybe somebody else happened to ask for that particular game earlier that day, or perhaps the previous day, and he already checked on it for them. That's always possible, however unlikely it might be.

Perhaps he was looking for that game himself at one point, and found out that the store didn't have it on hand.

Or maybe he's just really fanatical about PS games in general and already learned most or all of what the store has in stock.

You never know.

Granted, given this guy's attitude, it certainly is possible that he was just trying to brush you off, but . . . Maybe I'm missing something here, but I really don't understand how you can claim to know, with such certainty, that he couldn't possibly know without checking whether or not they had the game in stock.

Am I missing something here?
                    “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                    “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                    “I don’t know.”
                    “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                      Ah, but is he hot?
                      I'd like to think yes... Can I get anyone to back me up here?

...guys? I can't hear you over the crickets...
                      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                        I'd like to think yes... Can I get anyone to back me up here?

...guys? I can't hear you over the crickets...
                        Never thought I'd get to say this but...

Comment

Well, I know this guy is a gamer geek. I don't think he's all that hot.
                          Attached Files
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

*hums* Looks okay to me...not my kind of guy tho.

I've been told I sound too cute to be a gamer girl.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                              *hums* Looks okay to me...not my kind of guy tho.
                              *sigh* I've heard that a few times. At least my wife thinks I'm hot. Sadly, she won't tell me when she was struck tragically blind.
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X