Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been gaming since I was 6 and I've been told I'm cute...

...What?
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I must be shopping at the wrong stores, because I've never been stared at, either in a good way or a bad one. I did get an amusing comment directed at me from some teenage boys once, though.

Hubby was helping out at a Scout activity, I think, at another church member's house. Said member's 14-year-old son and two of his friends were there playing some game on the Xbox (I think Hubby mentioned Halo, but it was four years ago so I don't recall exactly). They invited my husband to join them in the game.

Now, Hubby is not a video gamer. Of the games on our shelf, only one is his because it's Lovecraftian, which he likes, and he played through one other because I'm terrible at Diablo-style gameplay and he's actually good at it. Oh, and he likes Smash Brothers. Otherwise, he couldn't care less about video games. The three systems we own are all mine, bought with my money.

So Hubby declined politely and explained that his wife (me) was the one who played the video games and owned the game systems, not him. The boys' response?

"Wow, that's a trophy wife!"

"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

"Wow, that's a trophy wife!"
        Achievement Unlocked?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
        X