This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's Shenanigans

Every so often, on my payday Friday's, if I've left early enough, I go to my local McDonalds.

Some time back, this particular McDonalds attempted to shortchange me by saying I paid with a 5 rather than a 10. I was short exactly 5 dollars. I got it back, but I have made it a point to pay with my debit card from there on out to avoid this and to make sure that I am charged properly.

This morning I was running a little ahead of schedule and decided to stop by for breakfast. I get my usual, the Egg McMuffin Meal with a milk and wait my turn.

The car ahead of me spent a little bit of time hemming and hawing over exactly what he wanted and settled on some iced coffee drink. I watch as he pulls up to the pay window, hands over a couple of bills and says a few times he has change. I wait two minutes while he searches, then hands over another bill instead. I pay for my food and wait to get to the receiving window.

I watch as the guy gets his drink, then immediately pull over to the waiting area, nearly causing an accident in the process. Then he steps out of the car and walks over the receiving window, which I'm now currently sitting in and wedges himself between my open window and the receiving window, effectively putting his ass in my face. I can hear him yelling at the girl at the window that he was short changed.

So, FMA_Fanatic does what she does best - uses her voice to get this idiots attention.

Me: Get your F-ing ass out of my face!
    Idiot:*surprised look on his face*
    Me: Get your f-ing ass out of my face or I call the police. Now! If you have an issue take it inside!

The guy manages to unsqueeze himself and go inside. I watch as he goes past the front counter and starts yelling at the girl again. I'm still waiting for my food and ask another person if I should call the police for them. They tell me not to worry, the manager is handing it.

Another manager shows up with my food and tells me he's sorry, can he have my card so he can refund my food. I tell him no, it's okay, it's not his fault that the guy was an idiot. He insists, so I got free food.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

And I am so glad that the reason why my local Maccas will only serve customers in the drive-through window is because of situations like this. Have people NOT heard of going into the store?! The store isn't gonna bite you know
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic
      Some time back, this particular McDonalds attempted to shortchange me by saying I paid with a 5 rather than a 10. I was short exactly 5 dollars. I got it back, but I have made it a point to pay with my debit card from there on out to avoid this and to make sure that I am charged properly.
      i've accidently done that before, but it was pretty obvious that i made the mistake when i reopened the register to find a 10 laying in my pile of fives. never had anyone go SC on me, though, just laugh or whatever
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

McDonalds is on my shit list right now. They have pulled some funny money tricks on me at the drivethru. Two weeks ago my kids went through with my debit card and got charged the wrong amount, they caught it immediately and the Mickey Dee worker told them no problem, they would put the money back on my card and charge the right amount. Multiple charges showed up same day on my bank account and nothing was refunded. Went into the McDonalds a couple of times only to be told by management there was nothing they could do.

Went through drive thru on Thursday and they almost did the same thing except I was there and caught that they were giving me a vastly different total. Tried talking to the manager and he was uninterested in refunding my money on the first set of multiple charges. Ended up having to call my banks loss prevention team and they straightened the mess out.

However, I did NOT stick my ass into anyone's face. Had that been me i would have been poking, prodding or rolling the window on that ass. Sick, twisted and totally unacceptable! Turn his ass into hamburger!
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
          i've accidently done that before, but it was pretty obvious that i made the mistake when i reopened the register to find a 10 laying in my pile of fives. never had anyone go SC on me, though, just laugh or whatever
          The day it happened, the cashier kept telling me that I had given her a five, then changed her story to say that she'd given me my change. Had SO not been in the car and backed me up, I'd have probably thought she was right.

I never went SC on them. I just asked for the manager and told him that I knew I didn't get my change and would like to get my change.

Quoth calulu View Post
          McDonalds is on my shit list right now. They have pulled some funny money tricks on me at the drivethru. Two weeks ago my kids went through with my debit card and got charged the wrong amount, they caught it immediately and the Mickey Dee worker told them no problem, they would put the money back on my card and charge the right amount. Multiple charges showed up same day on my bank account and nothing was refunded. Went into the McDonalds a couple of times only to be told by management there was nothing they could do.

Went through drive thru on Thursday and they almost did the same thing except I was there and caught that they were giving me a vastly different total. Tried talking to the manager and he was uninterested in refunding my money on the first set of multiple charges. Ended up having to call my banks loss prevention team and they straightened the mess out.

However, I did NOT stick my ass into anyone's face. Had that been me i would have been poking, prodding or rolling the window on that ass. Sick, twisted and totally unacceptable! Turn his ass into hamburger!

Oh trust me, the urge to do that was there, but I was irritated that he'd decided to do that in a busy drive thru. I mean, come on, what if someone had decided to speed thru and hit him?
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
          X