This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw someone get fired today

You know, sometimes when someone gets fired you just can't bring yourself to feel bad for them... this is one of those cases.
    I stopped at IHOP on the way home from work... because, well damnit, I just didn't want to cook after last night at work (and I love their chicken fried steak). Well, there was this one waitress there that was talking with a group that she obviously was familiar with... a little too familiar... she was using quite a bit of profanity... of course other customers did not look amused. The manager walked over and reminded this waitress that she was on the clock and should keep her language clean.
    The waitresses response "well, look at who's being Miss Prude today"
    everyone else in the restaurants response
    manager's response "back office now... consider yourself lucky that you're only going to get a write-up for that"
    waitress who should be greatful for not getting fired on the spot "Jesus Christ... it's not as if anyone here hasn't heard those words before... what's the big fucking deal"
    manager's response "clock off, turn in your apron, you can pick up your final pay check any time next week after tuesday, you're fired"
    rest of the restaurant applauded.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Awesome! What did the waitress do? What a total idiot. I wonder how long she'd been working there.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

probably swore up a storm about being fired for having a potty mouth?

Comment

Awww Smiley....what did she do then?

Comment

Wow!! That took some cojones from the waitress!!
          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
            Wow!! That took some cojones from the waitress!!
            Nah, just lack of brain cells.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So this waitress mouths off to management not once, but twice. In front of customers. Yeah, I'm glad she's fired. And now if we could apply the same method to sucky managers that ream poor employees out for all to hear in demeaning ways...
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Awww Smiley....what did she do then?
                actually, it was rather anticlimactic... she just dropped her apron on the ground and walked out the door.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  actually, it was rather anticlimactic... she just dropped her apron on the ground and walked out the door.
                  To which the people should have responded with the "Goodbye" song...

Nah nah nah nah...
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Yeah somehow I don't feel bad for her

someone who is desperate for a job (and there are plenty of them right now) will take it gladly and kept their language civil on the clock.
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Holy biscuit.

Some people.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Something tells me she was trying to get fired.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                          Nah. I would like to quote (or maybe paraphrase) Dilbert: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

That is all.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                            Same here. I know of a few people who would be at a job long enough to qualify for unemployment and then get themselves fired in order to collect.
                            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                              Same here. I know of a few people who would be at a job long enough to qualify for unemployment and then get themselves fired in order to collect.

Have someone like that at where I work right now. Was working a full week then got cut back to two days and is now working only one day and collecting unemployment.

Comment

Working...
                              X