This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal SC Made to Cry

I wasn't involved, as it was my Manager and a Delivery Drive who managed this, so here it goes.

VL, whom appears in my posts rather often, called and ordered many items. Driver takes em to her. VL says she doesn't have enough, and Driver dutifully calls Manager.

M: Okay, well how much money do you have?
    VL: $XX.xx
    M: Okay, hand the phone back to the driver, please.

So she does.

M: Hey, man. Let her have everything but her chicken wings, and her total is $X.xx

Driver tells her this.

VL: But my.. my wings!

And she proceeds to cry, begging the driver for her wings, they're so good and she wants that one sauce that's good! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!

Sucky for her, but damn. I can't help but feel the balancing act after 4 years of her.

Quoth unholypet View Post
    VL says she doesn't have enough

<snip>

Sucky for her, but damn.
    How in any sense of the word is it sucky for her that she can't get food for free that she doesn't have enough to pay for? The only thing that's sucky here is her entitled attitude. If anything, it's sucky for you guys, since the food is potentially a loss since it's already been cooked and is getting cold.

I have no sympathy for people who pull this kind of crap and then assume that they'll get what they want either because now the food can't be sold to someone else or out of the kindness of someone's heart.
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
      If anything, it's sucky for you guys, since the food is potentially a loss since it's already been cooked and is getting cold.
      Well, to be fair, we all shared the wings and had a free lunch =p

Comment

Well, to be fair, we all shared the wings and had a free lunch =p
        Now that is full of win!

Comment

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating:

Do any of you wonder how people like this react when there's a REAL crisis in their lives?

Seriously, if having to do without chicken wings (that you CANT FUCKING PAY FOR) is catastrophic enough to CRY, what would you do if something really bad happened???

UP - I think it ROCKS that you guys got to eat her chicken wings.

Dumb bitch.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Personally, I think it's time this SC was banned because she simply isn't worth keeping as a customer.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Personally, I think it's time this SC was banned because she simply isn't worth keeping as a customer.

good thought in theory but not practical (in the owners mind/logic) in the real world. the owners (whether an indie or franchize or corp) WANT that MONEY no matter what and are willing to let a lot of shit slide (granted too much shit but....). these owners will overlook and turn a blind eye if THEY are still making money on the transaction. they are TOO AFRAID of the customer (ya know the one that will tell 10 friends who in turn tell 10 more friends ad nausaum). and will let customers DICTATE what policies are actually enforced/overlooked

in the 4 odd years I have been delivering for a large franchise we have only been able to ban one or two addresses. the only other "ban" was when a hotel owner banned us because of their unwillingness to admit their mistakes when they themselves ordered from us.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

If it was "not enough money to buy basic groceries" - like milk, rice, beans, meat ... etc... then yes that would be a crisis.

but "not enough to buy fast food + wings"? No, that's just poor management of your finances

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  If it was "not enough money to buy basic groceries" - like milk, rice, beans, meat ... etc... then yes that would be a crisis.

but "not enough to buy fast food + wings"? No, that's just poor management of your finances
                  Yes, exactly. I've been in both situations. Situation #1 is really, really bad. Situation #2...you go without.
                  Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

too bad your free lunch didn't take place immediately outside her home...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      they are TOO AFRAID of the customer (ya know the one that will tell 10 friends who in turn tell 10 more friends ad nausaum). and will let customers DICTATE what policies are actually enforced/overlooked
                      We do not allow our policies to change per customer, and did not allow her any sort of dictatorship over her food. Manager removed what was needed for her to afford her products, and she got what she could pay for. My store is unafraid of customers, and we are not pushovers.
                      Last edited by Ree; 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment

Comment

We do not allow our policies to change per customer, and did not allow her any sort of dictatorship over her food. Manager removed what was needed for her to afford her products, and she got what she could pay for. My store is unafraid of customers, and we are not pushovers.
                        I love your Manager and/or owner for their courage and spine. Now if we could get the rest of the industry on board that would be really nice.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X