This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high?

Yesterday I stopped into the Wet Seal at the mall. (Don't ask for specifics, just know that I'm on a quest for hot pink leggings and I simply can not find what I want.) So I'm standing infront of the leg wear wall, a few selections under my arm and my cell phone in hand. I'm wearing jeans and a shirt, looking less than fashionable as I usually do-read: it's pretty obvious I don't shop in a store like that, let alone work there. I girl in her late teens bellies up to me-I mean right into my personal space-and interrupts my texting by thrusting a package of socks labled (in neon pink, taking up the front) 'Knee High Socks' into m'face.

Girl: Um, like......how high up to like, these go.......on your legs?
    Snaps: Ah...well...I don't work here....but I imagine....they go.....to your.....knees.
    Girl: *slightly dejected* Oh. Ok. Are....you sure?
    Snaps: *tapping package under the KNEE HIGH label* Uh, yea. I'm pretty sure the knee high socks just go up to your knees......they are.....knee socks after all.

Meh. I hate the public.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

That's just mindnumbing.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I get most of my bar-going shirts at Wet Seal....some of their clothes are pretty darn cute, and their girls' wife beaters are cheaper than Wal-Mart and in way more color variety.....but I swear, most girls that work there have an IQ that would make Forrest Gump look like a genius. When I shop there, I lose 10 IQ points or more.

Even shopping by the registers and overhearing their conversations....

"So uh, like, what are you doin tonight?"

"Well, like, you know, goin to the bar and you know, like, getting drunk?"
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth SnapAddict218 View Post
        (Don't ask for specifics, just know that I'm on a quest for hot pink leggings and I simply can not find what I want.)
        There's nothing wrong with hot pink leggings as long as a certain four letter "c" word is not part of the description.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*snerk* Any luck?

And to be fair, we chicks that are um, blessed with a bit more leg than some *cough* end up having knee socks be calf socks.

o/t you coming tonight? We sooo have to talk.
          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Working...
          X