This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a Brain Burp evolves into a Sighting

I was about to check in a guest yesterday. We didn't seem to have his reservation, but he has a reservation number. Great we look it up and it was for March 28 instead of April 28.

Here's how it happened. The customer had called Expedia to book a reservation for April 28. The agent accidently typed in March 28th and sent the guest an email confirmation.

When we called expedia yesterday to get this straitened out, the Expedia agent told our guest, "This is partly your fault too because you needed to confirm the dates."
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

so basically expedia screws up and still blames the customer. joy.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      so basically expedia screws up and still blames the customer. joy.
      Actually, I think the customer does have some (but not all) blame here. You should always check transaction information for correctness when the results will not be seen for days. I just had an order where they charged me for gift wrapping in the confirmation that I had never requested in the order. Simple mistake, simple fix.

Now, I think the Expedia rep could have been more tactfull considering it was an obvious mistake when pointed out. Definately not the way I would have handled it.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What Geek said.

The vast majority of my job is spent correcting mistakes (customers or fellow travel agents) and it's frustrating because alot of the hassle can be avoided by checking your itinerary.

Granted, I never, EVER tell the person it's partially their fault for not checking the itinerary, but mistakes and misunderstandings happen, so it's just smart to do so.

It's kinda like checking the bag before you pull away at the drive-thru: Sure, you should HAVE to do it, but it's gonna make life easier on EVERYONE if you catch the mistake BEFORE you drive home.

Just my 2 cents
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
        X