X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO: Stop talking!
    "Excuse me? Supervisor now."
    and of course contact corporate via their web things to report them.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      Uh no, I'm actually talking about the one that came with the console. I'm planning on scraping together another $20 or so for the controllers, but I also need to fork out around $80 for another Singstar kit...one of our mikes broke.
      Wow! Either you got a really good set, or we're a lot harder on our controllers than I thought! The ones that came with ours only lasted a year or 2. The Logitechs replaced them, and only just now died.

Then again, we had a launch console, so the controllers were all probably as buggy as the system.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I think I'm insanely lucky. I got an 80gig at release, and it's lasted me just fine. I still play my psone games on that thing!
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
          Generally speaking, next gen gameplay *can* be better, and there are plenty of really good next gen games out there. It's just that the reliability, stability and overall game quality and length has taken a dive. I can't count how many next gen games have come out that are, quite simply, crap.
          I disagree. There were plenty of previous gen games that sucked balls in comparrison to good games, it is that way with EVERY console genration. Its just hindsight is usually not 20/20 with entertainment.

Anyway I have never had any trouble and I have all the systems, this gen, last gen, and gens before that. Guess I'm just either that good or that lucky.

Also I would have gotten a supervisor and tore that bitch a new one. People like that only make our jobs harder by breeding SC's
          "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
          James from Pokémon.

Comment

Ask your grandmother if she remembers what day and which cash register she got the PS3 at Wal*Mart from, then go to that store's CS and bring that info and see what they can find. (With the PS3 Serial number too). A year or so ago, I bought a Canon camera from Wal*Mart, and I had a lens problem with it about 9 months later. Wal*Mart was able to find my transaction and provide the information for me after that time. (Despite the store having rearranged their electronics department in the mean time).

Also, contact Sony CS again, and ask to speak to a manager, make sure you have the time you previously called (and hope it was recorded). From what you reported, that CSR was out of line as far as politeness goes. You can probably get more action on your PS3 repairs as well by doing so.

Good luck with it in any case.

Comment

Standing up for yourself without being sucky

Go ahead and read that, and follow it.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

So, here is an update..

I took grandma to the wal-mart she bought it from, and tried our damned hardest to see if we can get some kind of receipt info. The -very- helpful manager tried his hardest looking it up all kinds of ways, but couldn't find a single thing. He said that they were never told that Sony requires the receipt for warranty information, as 360s, DSes and Wiis run off the serial numbers.

He suggested trying the "proof of purchase" panel on the PS3 box, if we had it. (I think I did..)

So, I called Sony again to ask if that is acceptable. The rep I got was just as rude as the first, and he also hung up on me after telling me that without the receipt, anything I do is just wasting his time. He refused to give me a name/ID number, I left a complaint with the time and my name.

So, anyone want to join me as I test my new PS3 grill? I'll be serving giant enemy crabs, and a side of Sony rep spleens...
                You seem to harbor barbaric tendencies. I suggest you visit a physician at your earliest convenience.

Comment

Might I suggest this article from the Consumerist? While it doesn't directly address Sony's PS division, it does have a number of a higher up that might just get some results.

I almost hesitated to post it because it could make you look sucky, but seeing as twice you've gotten crappy service, I don't see why you can't give this the old college try.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X