This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today at Aldi...

...I was standing in line waiting to buy my collection of cheap groceries. Yay! Cheap groceries!

In line in front of me was a family--mom, grandma, dad, young child. By young, my guess is somewhere between 16-20 months. Cute kid. She was sitting in the cart, and while the dad was unloading the groceries, she was "helping" the way little kids do. She'd reach down into the cart and put something up on the belt.

Evidently, the cart contained groceries for the family and different groceries for the grandmother. The tot, not really aware of that, was just playing the "put stuff on the belt" game. Evidently, she was putting up the wrong stuff. How do I know?

Her father THREW A ROLL OF PAPER TOWELS AT HER. And hit her. In the head.

I wussed out and went to a different line. I was so appalled by it, I didn't know what to do.
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

That just broke my heart.

That dad is a fuckin asshole.

How hard did he hit her with the papertowels?

Comment

Too bad you couldn't call Child Services. That dad needs a good dose of the
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Unless someone steps in, this poor kid is going to need years of therapy in the future. I mean, she's being punished for trying to *help*, for goodness sake!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          Does it matter? He threw something at his baby's HEAD.

(not being snarky; just saying...)
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

NO NO NO!!! You do NOT throw things at a child. My husband would have been yelled at big time if he tried something like that. just....AHHHHH....the annoyance. And I only read about it.
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Well, it wasn't like a blistering fastball or anything, but it wasn't playful, either. It was purposeful, and accompanied by comments to "quit putting s**t that ain't ours on the f***ing belt."
              Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                Does it matter? He threw something at his baby's HEAD.

(not being snarky; just saying...)
                It doesnt, I was just curious. Either way..its fucked up.

Comment

my parents tell me the story on how i "helped" dad once... by gluing bits of wood all over the model airplane he was working on.

mom says... he watched me do it and didn't do anything to stop me. later on that day he very carefully removed the bits of wood.

all because, as he said, i was too young to realize i wasn't really helping and that wasn't something to punish me over.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    mom says... he watched me do it and didn't do anything to stop me. later on that day he very carefully removed the bits of wood.
                    ::applauds the awesome parenting::

I try to help my daughter learn by coaching her as she "helps out," by saying things like, "Oh, that's Grandma's stuff. Could you put it over there please? This one's Mommy's. You can put it on the belt." Seems to work for me.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

...Some one should throw a roll of paper towels at HIS head... nice and hard... and then cuss him out for no reason ....see how he likes it.
                      Ass face.
                      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                      -Red

Comment

To heck with TP roll. Dad needs to be hit with a toilet tank cover.
                        Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                        X