This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    ...it's parents like that that make me HATE children...
    edited for accuracy

Most kids, IMO and IME, are brats because they were allowed to become brats. Or worse, were taught to be brats. The daughter knew exactly what she was doing, but the mom didn't have the means to stop her either.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      Maybe it's just not ONE parents fault and is both of theres. Takes two to tango and two to fight.
      Actually, it takes two to make peace. One is more than enough for a fight.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Just to bring up the other facet, I will also note that sometimes kids from divorced households will play the parents off against one another. If the parents allow it, the kids end up being spoiled because, "Daddy (Mommy) always treats us better!"
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth laundryhater View Post
          Maybe the mom cheated on her ex-husband?

When I was a freshman in high school my mom cheated on her 2nd husband and left him for a married man.

Of my mom's 3 husbands, I was closest to the 2nd and called him "Dad".

So although I can't recall if I ever told her that I hated her for what she did to tear the family apart and break #2's heart (my favorite dad), I do recall letting her know that I was not happy and didn't approve of her adultry.

So unless you know that family's situation, please don't judge the kids too harshly. They may be lashing out at mom for a bad situation that is mom's fault. And when you're a kid whose family is being torn apart it's very upsetting.
          You're right, I do not know about anything about their home situation. Maybe I am judging these kids too harshly, I guess I just was appalled more at the ages of these kids.

I'm not saying that young kids cannot display rage and frustration as well and if anything, I probably have no right to criticize since I have never experienced anything close to a broken home or dysfunctional family. But for me, a kid as young as eight-nine and a girl as young as twelve-thirteen talking like that to anyone is beyond me. Because that is the the beginning of a really foul person.

Comment

Working...
          X