This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Pizza Delivery Guy

This just happened, and I am still about the whole thing. I hear a car pull up on the drive, and out gets a guy with a pizza. There are 4 flats in my house, I didn't order pizza, I'm not sure what flat it is for. He goes to the main or door, and stands there for a while - I assume he pressed one of the doorbells and they didn't answer. After a while he gives up.

I am puzzled by what happens next - firstly he should've tried to phone the number given, surely? Incase the doorbell didn't work or something? Failing that, take the pizza back with him incase they ring up asking where my pizza is - or have free pizza at the end of a shift. But no - he takes the pizza, and throws it in our recycling bin

I don't know if it works the same in the US so I will explain - we have one regular grey bin (or trash can ) for general rubbish, shared between the 4 flats, and one recycling bin (for plastic bottles, card, tins, glass, etc), which is bright blue and has "RECYCLING" in big letters on the top and the front - its not easy to confuse the two! You can get fines for putting the wrong things in the recycling bin as it can contaminate the whole recycling lorry and then it all has to be thrown away anyway. We have already had one warning notice because someone put a load of styrofoam in there (although I can understand that, its something you might think could be recycled). But a whole pizza?? Good job I saw what he did - otherwise we might not have noticed and certainly got a fine for it! I have been out and moved it to the regular bin, but am tempted to ring up the company and tell them what he did - I have a feeling they would just laugh at me and hang up. What do you reckon??

I'd give them a call.

I don't think that they will react to your building's recycling policy, but I bet they will react to the fact that the deliverer just ditched the pizza without trying to contact the customer or the store before doing so.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Ditto to what NorthernZel said.

Comment

or call the people who fine you and report the pizza place...

Comment

He ditched the pizza, complete with unopened box (so it wasn't contaminated by the contents of the recycling bin)? If I were in your situation, my reaction would be "yeah - free pizza". After all, you hadn't placed the order and then avoided contact in hopes of him ditching it - this would be a simple matter of raiding the recycling bin for something usable.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Am I a disgusting person for wanting to pick that pizza right out of the (presumably clean?) trash and give it a good home?

Uh, yeah. Pizza guy. Idiot. Right. I concur.

Mmm...pizza...

Love, Who?

Comment

I'm guessing that like most councils yours places a big sticker bemoaning the contaminants?

Was the sticker still in place?

If so he was probably thinking he'd get you/them fined for failing to pay for the pizza. Just my guess though
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

the recycling bins at my apartment complex do not look clean enough to eat food out of.

Comment

Poor pizza

Mmmm, pizza
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Or it's possible he was there to serve papers to someone in the other apartment, and the 'pizza delivery' was his disguise. The box could have been empty.

Comment

Working...
                    X