Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trashcans: What you put your trash in.

I gave the boyfriend mono, so we've been on a movie binge for the past week. He was feeling pretty good yesterday so he came to Blockbuster with me to pick out some cheesy action flicks (Van Damme's Replicant is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen). Well, what do we find in the action movies besides action movies?

A fucking Quizno's cup. And what's more, it was mostly full. So it's not like someone was leaving just trash on a fucking rack--it looked like they left it there just to be a dick. There's a trashcan right outside the door but apparently that's too much effort.

Yeah...I threw it away. No use in letting some poor employee get annoyed by it...though when me and the BF ranted about how much of a cocksucker someone must be to do that (he's a grocery store stock guy and sees it all the time), a different group of college kids near us looked mighty uncomfortable...ugh.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Actually, they could have set it down to look at a movie and forgot about it. It happened at the record store occasionally. We still found empties that people couldn't be bothered to throw away, but more often than not, if it was full, they had just been so absorbed in what they were looking at that they forgot about it.

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
      Actually, they could have set it down to look at a movie and forgot about it. It happened at the record store occasionally. We still found empties that people couldn't be bothered to throw away, but more often than not, if it was full, they had just been so absorbed in what they were looking at that they forgot about it.
      I still think it's extremely rude to set your perspiring drink down on a shelf touching a store's product.

Comment

I'll go with the assessment that they probably set it down and forgot.

However....

Quoth marty View Post
        I still think it's extremely rude to set your perspiring drink down on a shelf touching a store's product.
        Quoted for truth.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'll admit I've probably been guilty of this a few times. If I go into a store I will some times seat my drink on a shelf, this is usually because I have seen the horror which ensues from a)trying to look at something with a mostly full drink in your hand b)setting the drink on the ground where people's feet are. And after wards I get so excited about my awesome new find I will forget my less important drink. I normally get pissed when I am on my way home and realize it. Since I started working retail I have gotten much better about it, but it happens once in a while.
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

i was facing cosmetics and cleaning everything up a few days ago, and i found a McDonalds cup in the Rimmel display. now let me tell you, whoever did this, must've put some effort into it. i know there's opening on top of the rack, but i don't think this would've fell where i found it, i practically had to break the fixture to get the damn cup out....

Comment

We used to play a game at the craft store

when we would find the dregs of a drink on the shelf (and there were a lot of them) we would all bet on how much (or little) money it would take before you would drink it.

For me it was no amount, not even 100,000 would but on girl insisted that for $100 she would.... yeesh
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I always just leave my drink in the car.

But then again, when I was a kid I'd get in trouble if I didn't. Maybe that's it. Mom had a pretty good no food or drinks in the retail stores rule.

Comment

Hmm...I know it won't help with smaller stores like video rental places, but maybe they should start putting a cupholder on shopping carts?
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Since when is it okay to bring food or drink into a store with you?

I was always taught you shouldn't do that.

Even if you don't set it down, you could accidently spill. And if you don't spill, someone else may collide into you causing you to spill. It's just generally a bad idea.

Besides if you're eating/drinking something that store doesn't sell, you're inadvertently suggestive selling that item to others in the store & if they see you with something that looks better than what they have in their cart at the grocery store, you're taking business away from that store.
                    Last edited by laundryhater; 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

"People I cannot stress this enough trash goes in the trash can"

Marge "Oh I'm so embarressed"

Homer (taking notes) "Trash in trash can, hmm makes sense"

Comment

Working...
                      X