Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a widely varying schedule, but I do tend to be a vampire. And yet, I have no problem being quiet at night because that's the societal norm.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's easier to be quiet at night, there aren't any of the other normal daytime noises which make you have things turned up louder, eg music or the tv. You don't have to compete with things like roadworks, traffic, lawn mowers and any other form of noise. I like the night. It can be quite relaxing, the quiet.
      Began work Aug as casual '08
      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

11:30 last night my neighbor was in his garage vacuuming his car.

At that time of night, when most people are asleep, you can hear EVERYTHING.

To say I was irritated, well duh.

When we lived in a townhouse the worse we got was the occasional TV noise, or loud yelling (they argued a lot).

But then they got to deal with the newlyweds just a wall away so I never complained heh.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Ok, I have to ask; How could your whole apartment complex not know that? Meth labs are notoriously noxious.
          Beats me. I never smelled anything out of the ordinary. If the other neighbors did, they either never reported it or never made a big enough deal out of it for the management to do anything. But then, I was only there during a particularly cold Idaho winter, so we didn't open our windows. And we were on the top floor, so maybe all the odors went up? Or maybe the neighbor was a really small-scale producer of the stuff. The police officers just told us afterward that it was "a meth lab," and I wasn't about to question them.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            My end of the building where everyone else's decks are (that space on ground level is a driveway of sorts) has some weird acoustic property whereby if my window is open, any sound from the floors above filters down to me as if it was in the same room. I think my Screamer is on the third floor. No end of fun especially in the summer when everyone's windows are open.
            but then again my Ex and I had the cops called on us for the very same thing. OK it was during the summer and we had the window open just a bit. it was the night of our wedding anniv and we got quite loud shall we say. we found out later the cops got a call for a LOUD party. they apparently came by and listened for a moment outside our window then left ROTFLTAO at the complaint.
            the only reason we knew the cops had come by was a couple of days later the same cops crusied thru our lot and talked to my Ex about it.

we figured out later was the people on the 3d floor (we lived on the 1st). we also figured they only reason she called was she was not gotten any for a while.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

we figured out later was the people on the 3d floor (we lived on the 1st). we also figured they only reason she called was she was not gotten any for a while.
              Or thought you shouldn't be having so much fun doing it.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Haha, RacketMan, that's why I figure my immediate neighbor complained about my bed. Well, gee, if you made an effort to get out there and meet someone instead of barricading yourself in your apartment all week and in the woods every weekend! And I honestly don't think we're even that loud because I go out of my way to not make much noise.

And the old woman downstairs probably hasn't been laid since the Reagan Administration....so....lol.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X