This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the people texting in my movie...

and the same to the person whose cell phone RANG during Wolverine...

To you 4 inconsiderate A**Munchers sitting around me who checked your glowing phone screens, thus blinding me, and tickity-tickity-texted through the movie, if I ever see you again in my theater I will rip your texting arm off and shove it so far up your rectum that you will have to learn to type with your molars!!!!

This is why I hate seeing movies in the theater, because it makes me want to kill people and that complicates my life.

That is all for now.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

See, that's half the reason I wait for the DVD to come out and don't really go out to see a movie in the theaters anymore. I hate wasting $8 on a movie I barely get to enjoy because of people talking, texting, what have you.

Comment

ironic cos i saw Wolverine the other day and the "Silence your cell phone" PSA stated "no calls OR TEXTING during film"

Comment

Go tell the manager. We LOVE throwing out those particular assholes.
        "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

I'll gladly admit to texting during Wolverine yesterday. I had to share the sexiness that was spicy cajun goodness.
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

One of my friends phones had gone off during Wolverine. She actually ran out to the lobby. But to be honest, her phone could be on vibrate and it would still have the loud ring. It is a kinda of a hit and miss with her phone. Plus, the group didn't really plan on watching a movie - just out of the blue type thing.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

What I've never understood about people who text during movies (besides the fact that they text during movies) is why, when they are writing their message, they hold the phone down on their laps, but, when reading a message they have to hold the phone up directly in front of their faces so that the light of their screen hits me right in the eyes.

That's the worst part of it for me. Seeing all those lights from phones between me and the movie screen.

Comment

I want to start my own movie theatre chain that is "members only". You pay your membership dues every year (much like a buy in bulk retailer). You can of course have guests but the member is responsible for the guests behavior. Anything like talking, texting, kicking seats, etc going on during the movie gets your membership revoked and you cannot see a movie there again.

This way people can actually enjoy the cinema again. I consider myself a student of the cinema. I have seen over 5,000 total movies in my life time. As awesome as Blu-Ray is, I don't think anything can beat watching a movie in a huge theatre the weekend it comes out.

Comment

when I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, you could literally read by the light of the text messengers in the theatre. >.<

They should say "Please turn off your cell phones."

2 seconds later...

"I said, TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONES!!!"

2 more second later...

"This includes texting. Turn them OFF."

2 mor seconds...

"I saw that! PUT IT DOWN!!!"
                  Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

The sad thing is, this theater put-up new signs on each theater door saying 'please no texting during the movie' AND it appears on the screen along with 'please silence your cell phones.' But of course, that doesn't apply to THEM because they are, in some reality on some alternate plane, special!!!!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
                      when I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, you could literally read by the light of the text messengers in the theatre. >.<
                      Same thing for the (limited tickets) premiere of The Golden Compass mom and I saw. I think it was supposed to be a showing primarily for reviewers/ the media (only reason we got one is that a former coworker at Bookstore snagged one for me), but as is wont to happen the passes got put out at registers and everyone and their dog picked one up.

Of course, the texters/bloggers (wait til you get home, idiots!) were sitting down in front, so it was pretty much impossible to ignore. A few did get thrown out quickly though
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

agh huge pet peeve of mine as well! i especially hate when friends/dates are so attached to their cells they cant put it down for 5 minutes to acknowledge your existence. YOU'RE OUT. IN THE REAL WORLD. PUT THE DAMN THING DOWN FOR 2 GODDAMN HOURS!!!!!!

i dont even go to the movies much anymore cuz 10-12 bucks is too steep but texting in the theater is so stupid. nothing cant wait 2 hours? REALLY?

Comment

This is why I don't bother going to the theater, anymore. Tickets around here are 9.50-10 bucks! That's a lot of money to pay to listen to a bunch of fuckwits talk/text, kids scream and carry on, people kick my seat, gag on perfume or the one 6 ft tall person to sit directly in front of me despite the fact that there are 100 other open seats in the theater . (I'm barely 5' tall).

It just seems like people are so inconsiderate, anymore. I'd rather stay home.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

That's the sole reason I'll only go to a movie if it's a hugh film.

Otherwise, I have a 67" DLP and a PS3, so I can get all the HD movies I want and in the comfort of my own home. Just can't wait until I get my surround sound.

Comment

Quoth Jbball View Post
                              <snip>
                              Otherwise, I have a 67" DLP and a PS3, so I can get all the HD movies I want and in the comfort of my own home. Just can't wait until I get my surround sound.
                              It still just isn't the same. Just the whole theatre experience is awesome to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X