This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    But of course, that doesn't apply to THEM because they are, in some reality on some alternate plane, special!!!!
    Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
    I'll gladly admit to texting during Wolverine yesterday. I had to share the sexiness that was spicy cajun goodness.
    I just thought these two were ... funny. Together.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
      I want to start my own movie theatre chain that is "members only". You pay your membership dues every year (much like a buy in bulk retailer). You can of course have guests but the member is responsible for the guests behavior. Anything like talking, texting, kicking seats, etc going on during the movie gets your membership revoked and you cannot see a movie there again.

This way people can actually enjoy the cinema again. I consider myself a student of the cinema. I have seen over 5,000 total movies in my life time. As awesome as Blu-Ray is, I don't think anything can beat watching a movie in a huge theatre the weekend it comes out.
      Or have in your PSA "Before taking calls or texting during a movie, please ensure that your phone has no sharp corners, so it won't hurt as much when someone who wants to watch the movie demonstrates how it can be converted into a suppository".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

best PSA evah - the one at the Alamo theatre.

(aka "heavily armed and trigger happy projectionist")

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          To you 4 inconsiderate A**Munchers sitting around me who checked your glowing phone screens, thus blinding me, and tickity-tickity-texted through the movie, if I ever see you again in my theater I will rip your texting arm off and shove it so far up your rectum that you will have to learn to type with your molars!!!!

That is almost word for word what I actually said to 4 teen girls that were pulling that crap in the movies the last time I went. After I said it I didn't see another phone come out the rest of the time.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Or have in your PSA "Before taking calls or texting during a movie, please ensure that your phone has no sharp corners, so it won't hurt as much when someone who wants to watch the movie demonstrates how it can be converted into a suppository".
            Nice! I like it. And since you said "suppository", you remained professional.

Note: My favorite "professional" saying in that manner is at the theme parks here in Orlando (Universal, Disney, etc). They have to put the disclaimer that larger people may not be able to fit on some of the rides, and it is phrased as "Guests with certain body dimensions" . Makes me LOL every time I see it.

Comment

Quoth Jbball View Post
              That's the sole reason I'll only go to a movie if it's a hugh film.

Otherwise, I have a 67" DLP and a PS3, so I can get all the HD movies I want and in the comfort of my own home. Just can't wait until I get my surround sound.
              If you've got a stereo receiver, speakers and RCA type cables, you can create your own Home Theatre Setup.

This is what I have in the office currently:

27inch Magnovox stereo tv combo (VCR and DVD built in)

1988 Kenwood stereo system (200 watts of power Still sounds good after 20 years)

20 year old pair of Jensen speakers

Simply take some RCA cables and connect one end to your Receiver in the Aux outlets, the other end to your AUDIO OUT on the back of your TV and you're all set.

Instant bliss. Just adjust your equalizer settings (if your receiver has one) to your tastes, kick back in your favorite chair and ejoy without dealing with the masses of inconsiderate morons.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I want to start my own movie theatre chain that is "members only". You pay your membership dues every year (much like a buy in bulk retailer). You can of course have guests but the member is responsible for the guests behavior. Anything like talking, texting, kicking seats, etc going on during the movie gets your membership revoked and you cannot see a movie there again.
                If you're willing to turn on some closed captioning, I'd definitely join! (My wife has hearing problems, and movies are particularly difficult for her to understand without captions.)
                I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                - IPF

Comment

I can rock the entire concession stand! I can turn out quality popcorn and cotton candy, in quantity, and deal with a huge line because my coworkers can't be bothered to move!
                  Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                    If you're willing to turn on some closed captioning, I'd definitely join! (My wife has hearing problems, and movies are particularly difficult for her to understand without captions.)
                    I've gotten used to reading movies by subtitle, as I am apparently starting to lose my hearing in one ear, just like Dad... so, anything shy of 50 or so on our TV's volume is just too quiet...

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                    the one 6 ft tall person to sit directly in front of me despite the fact that there are 100 other open seats in the theater . (I'm barely 5' tall).
                    Being 6'5", and preferring to get to the theater early, sorry, but I usually sit in an empty area, if not the back of the theater. If you're behind me, it's because you sat down behind me.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      I<snip>
                      Being 6'5", and preferring to get to the theater early, sorry, but I usually sit in an empty area, if not the back of the theater. If you're behind me, it's because you sat down behind me.
                      I should have been more precise. When I'm already sitting in my seat and someone comes and sits in front of me even though I was there first.

I'm observant enough not to sit myself behind a tall person who was there before me. (and on the same note I don't sit in front of a kid or someone who is shorter than myself...not that it happens often)
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                      X