This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not EVER touch me again!

The "Texting in my movie" thread reminded me of this one.

It was about 3 years ago. I went to see a movie (I do not remember which one... I want to say Mr.&Mrs. Smith... but I am probably really wrong) The movie theater was pretty much empty I think there was like 10 people all in all. So I pick a nice empty section and prop my feet up on the chair (I know you aren't supposed to but honestly I'm not kicking the chairs and there is no one sitting in them) well in walks this little old man and his wife. He scans the theater, looks straight at me and walks up an sits down right in front of me (keep in mind this theater is EMPTY)
    Now at this point I should have just moved to another part of the theater, in stead I moved 2 seats down so I wouldn't disturb them.
    I am watching the movie and about half way though I shift my feet cause one leg is going numb. Now before this I have hardly moved at ALL. this guy turns around. SLAPS MY LEG. I don't mean tap, he full on hit me, it hurt. and says "STOP KICKING MY CHAIR YOU LITTLE FUCK!"
    I was so shocked I couldn't even speak. His wife just kinda looked at the ground embarrassed.

Now I had the whole last half of the movie to sit there and plot my vengeance, though I am relatively proud of my self that I didn't intact any of the vicious thoughts. It made me feel mad, but at the same time I am sure things would have became much worse if I had...oh say... dumped my extra large Pepsi on his head....
    In stead when the lights came back up I walked to the end of the aisle, looked him square in the eye and said loud enough for him to hear at least. "Hope you have a WONDERFUL rest of your day you Bastard!" in the sweetest tone of voice I could muster. The shock and awe were enough to get me home.

I feel almost bad. I was raised to respect my elders. and I usually do. But I was also raised to stick up for myself... It was a hard situation for me, cause god only knows if it had been someone my age that had hit me like that, they would have left with a broken nose at the very LEAST.
    I though about reporting him to the security at the theater for assault... but I figured they were more likely to take the side of some 'cute' old man than some 'goth punk'

*sighs* made me upset at the world.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

yeesh i usually try to avoid other people when i sit at a theatre ... and i usually go to the ones with the giant center isle across... so if you sit right behind that, you have a nice railing to put your feet on

but still i wouldn't sit directly in front of someone unless there was no more room available

Comment

Sounds to me like someone was looking for a fight. Either that, or they had their "favorite" part of the theater to sit in, and you just happened to have the bad luck to sit right behind that spot. Still, completely inexcusable.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I will bet that your foot didn't even touch his seat either. And if you weren't shifting around, that couldn't be the problem. I'm sure Kogarashi is right, he considered that HIS part of the theater.

I had another person nearby, same movie, tapping their foot a lot. Didn't touch my seat, but it echoed in my ear. Another movie a girl behind me must have had a stuffy nose, but at the same time she was chewing gum, so she was sort of gulping-in air every couple seconds while smacking the masticated mucus-covered gum in her mouth... Eeeewwwww, it sounded....juicy.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          I will bet that your foot didn't even touch his seat either. .
          nope the only seat my foot touched was a seat 2 chairs down from him. And even then it wasn't even enough to move the seat.
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

He would have had a fun time with me.

I have bad hips and knees. If I'm sitting for a long time, with no adjustment, they lock up and become *very* painful. So when I'm at the movies, I frequently reposition my legs. I do my best not to disturb other people, but if it's a 3 hour long movie, or if it's a particularly cramped theatre, I find myself apologizing to the people around me.

I've also been known to tap people on the shoulder as a film ends and ask if they'd like to see my medical records detailing said bad joints, considering they were giving me the stinkeye for managing my handicap. Frequently I get a blush and an apology. Occasionally I get a "well, you should just stay home, then!"

Comment

Why is it that a lot of people think that just because you have a disability that you can't be out in public places? I couldn't believe the one about the guy with the broken foot and the high end types at the movie theatre. One of my friends has very few parts of her body that haven't been broken in some way before, we joke that she only has one elbow and something else that hasn't bee affected yet But she always makes sure she sits on the left hand side of an aisle as her right knee can be a real pain in the backside when she is sitting down. I'm pretty sure if anyone made comment about it they wouldn't be left standing! Mind you if it was an old person I'm not sure what she would do.

If someone has a disability wether its temporary or permanent, has just as much right to be able to watch a film, sports match, whatever, as the more physically and mentally abled, sheesh. Why can't some people get that into their heads?
              Began work Aug as casual '08
              Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
              Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
              Why do I still work there again?

Comment

My reaction probably would have been this:

Man: *slaps leg*
                Me: OMG OWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! OWWWWWW!!!! *crocodile tears until someone comes running to help*

I don't fark around. You -do not- hit people.
                "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                  You -do not- hit people.
                  Not on purpose anyway...

*whistling innocently as he crosses off yet another injury he caused*

Broken leg, Arm, Finger and Headtrauma...

I'm seriously dangerous.
                  http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                  Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
                    Not on purpose anyway...

*whistling innocently as he crosses off yet another injury he caused*

Broken leg, Arm, Finger and Headtrauma...

I'm seriously dangerous.
                    Well, okay. LOL.
                    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I felt worse for his wife. She looked horribly embarrassed. I think if it wasn't for the fact that she was there looking so awful I would have done something mean to the guy.
                      -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                        I felt worse for his wife. She looked horribly embarrassed. I think if it wasn't for the fact that she was there looking so awful I would have done something mean to the guy.
                        Screw that. If Other Half *ever* did something like that, he knows I'd take him to task over it immediately. I do *not* brook that kind of bullshite from anyone in my family, and they all know it. And if I ever did anything that idiotic, I'd want someone who knows me to inform me of my stupidity and force me to apologize.

However, as I said, I have a very specific disability that has caused similar situations before, so perhaps I'm just sensitive to it.

Comment

I'd have moved back behind him and started kicking his chair for real. Then when he said something "I wanted you to know what kicking your chair really is like so you won't be confused and assault people in the future for shifting around."

Comment

I would have told him,

"Alright assclown, I'll give you that unnecessary leg slap for free. You touch me again and I'm gonna choke you out!"
                            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I'm rural. If someone hits me, and it's lighter than a tractor, I probably won't feel it. :P

In all seriousness, though, people like that are the reason why I don't go to the movies except once or twice a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X