This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    Ok, digging thru compacted cardboard, not too bad, 42 yards of compacted wet, rotting trash. I would imagine if you found it it would very likey be some what mangled if it was compacted.
    A diamond ring? Not really "wet" trash is stuff like the trash from the break room can, out of date breads, salad bar items, stuff like that. It would be covered in disgusting goo made by pressing all sorts of yucvkitude together and letting it ferment in the sun in Atlanta in July .....
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      I think DreamStalker meant that post menopausal women CANT get pregnant...lol.

But very informative post though.
      lol welcome to my little slice of personal hell =)

But actonel is given to non postmeno women for a number of reasons. You dont need to stop bleeding to go osteoporotic, a serious vitamin D issue can cause it. I somewhere have a single hit of vid D, 60 THOUSAND IU ... the normal dose in a regular vitamin is 200 IU or 5 micrograms. Any adult with parathyroid issues canalso need actonel.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        I think DreamStalker meant that post menopausal women CANT get pregnant...
        Yup, that was it...informative post nonetheless. I suppose a situation could arise where a non-menopausal woman could take it accidentally, but...

I've also seen the "may cause an increase in gambling" one...can't remember what drug it was for though. I seem to recall it was an RLS drug.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

There's an antidepressant that was banned because it "may cause depression". (In a small number of cases, but still large enough to warrant banning it).

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            There's an antidepressant that was banned because it "may cause depression". (In a small number of cases, but still large enough to warrant banning it).
            I've always wondered about those... it seems all antidepressants have "may cause depression" as a side effect..... But I've seen it on other things: "may cause migraines" on migraine pills... "may cause diarrhea" on anti-diarrhea pills....

Always made me wonder, if you take something to "cure" a problem, how can the problem be a side effect? It'd seem more like it means it just doesn't work. (Of course it could mean, you'd be more of whatever the problem is, yet in many cases, it just "getting worse" or a side effect would be hard to tell).

Comment

Probably because we have so many people (the dice have been rolled often enough) that you can find almost any combination of reactions. Like sedatives making children hyper because their systems run differently.

So I suppose, no matter what the med, you can find someone who reacts the opposite way.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                Probably because we have so many people (the dice have been rolled often enough) that you can find almost any combination of reactions. Like sedatives making children hyper because their systems run differently.

So I suppose, no matter what the med, you can find someone who reacts the opposite way.
                If that was to my post -- I wasn't saying someone has an opposite reaction in itself*, just that if the "side effect" of a pill would be the same as if you never took the pill - how can that be a "side effect".

* well of course pill working for one person and not another would mean they had opposite reactions.... but that seems to be some type of spin on it just not working for everyone.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                  If that was to my post -- I wasn't saying someone has an opposite reaction in itself*, just that if the "side effect" of a pill would be the same as if you never took the pill - how can that be a "side effect".
                  I would suspect that they do a control run with people who don't have the issue that the medication is supposed to help to see what kind of reactions they get that are indistinguishable from the issue being treated.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've always wondered about those... it seems all antidepressants have "may cause depression" as a side effect..... But I've seen it on other things: "may cause migraines" on migraine pills... "may cause diarrhea" on anti-diarrhea pills....

Always made me wonder, if you take something to "cure" a problem, how can the problem be a side effect? It'd seem more like it means it just doesn't work. (Of course it could mean, you'd be more of whatever the problem is, yet in many cases, it just "getting worse" or a side effect would be hard to tell).
                    with certain migraine meds you get a nasty rebound effect if you have to use them for a prolonged period of time, just like the sinus spray that if you use it too long, suddenly you get thoroughly blocked up. hm, midrin is a benzodiazepan based med, and my frova is a tryptan, both of which if overused can cause rebound.

Though with acetominephan/paracetamol in so many migraine meds, cold meds and otherwise OTC meds I think I would be more in fear for my liver function ....

Comment

There also disclaimers even on commericals espeically on those car commericals.

"Do not attempt, professional stunt driver" or something like that.

How sad that we have to resort to that. I am waiting disclaimers on cartoons

"Caution, cartoon characters do not exist!"

Comment

i know some people do have opposite reactions to pills or drugs.
                        for example, sometimes people who are hyperactive actually calm down and focus better with caffeine in their system. ... that's probably why many people with ADD are actually given medications that are stimulants instead of ones that are relaxants

but back on topic....
                        warnings for cruise control that you actually have to drive still and that the car won't steer itself.

and military ones - because they don't usually put out information like this unless someone did it...

1) At a training command's Civilian Clothes Day - "Men cannot wear dresses or skirts. And no kilts - someone already tried it."

2) Another training command, after a 'health & comfort' inspection - "It's not against the rules to have a BOB (battery operated etc) but it has to be kept clean & sanitary" (i sooo don't wanna know what the one they found looked like!)
                        Last edited by PepperElf; 05-15-2009, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          "It's not against the rules to have a BOB (battery operated etc) but it has to be kept clean & sanitary" (i sooo don't wanna know what the one they found looked like!)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/columnp...8833-800wi.jpg

Comment

Craziest sign I've seen was beside my old high school. On a weekly basis, my family would drive past on the way to visit relatives, and we'd always say "gotta get a picture of that". Finally, we brought our cameras along, and one of my university professors who lived in the neighbourhood was walking past while we were taking pictures. He asked what we were taking pictures of, and we pointed out the sign. The next week, the sign was gone.

What was this sign? A simple "Parking Permitted" sign, with the 2-ended arrow showing that it was OK to park on both sides of the sign - but the sign was 2 feet from a fire hydrant.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, you just reminded me that I still need to take my camera a few blocks down the street to where they're building a new school to replace one a few blocks the other way. Why? Because the sign reads:

The New "Hooker" School

In nice bold letters at the top of the construction sign (the one that details what city ordinance is facilitating this, what the building is supposed to look like, who signed the ordinance, etc.).

Just as funny were the signs all over my parents' county some 6-7 years ago advertising "Hooker for Assembly." My sister actually got one of Mr. Hooker's campaign magnets to put on her fridge at school out in Utah.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X