This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus suck

This happened Monday. I had spent all Sunday in the ER for chest pains(walking pneumonia, yay.) and because of the dye they pumped me full of for the CT scan I was fighting nausea, IE "please God don't let me puke on the bus."
    When this very smells guy gets on the bus and sits rigth next to me. There are seats all over the place and he decides to sit next to the woman trying not to puke.
    It got worse... he started WAFTING his stench around. REPEATEDLY. I swear I as at the point I was about to break out my flowery smelling body spray and hose him down with it if he did it one more time.
    Luckily he got off the bus and I did not puke.

I'd have puked on him. Well, ok, threatened to puke on him anyway.

Comment

oh dear lord id be making faces and holding my nose

Comment

I've actually moved because of particularly stinky people on the bus sitting near me.

It's a shame if there's nothing they can do about it, but that doesn't mean I have to be subjected to it if I have other options.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There is something they can do about it. Take a shower and wash your clothes. I have homeless friends who are able to do that, so that excuse doesn't fly with me.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            There is something they can do about it. Take a shower and wash your clothes. I have homeless friends who are able to do that, so that excuse doesn't fly with me.
            Unfortunately, there are some medical conditions that will leave the person so afflicted with a horrific body odor, and there is literally nothing they can do to make it go away.

Sure, most of the stinky people I've run into on the bus are homeless and don't bother to find a place to shower much, if at all (I'm pretty sure the worst offender I've run into just doesn't care that he's offensively foul), but I'm also just as sure that one of them was a medical condition and not purely due to lack of hygiene.

As an aside, my old boss used to know a guy who bathed every day, three times, and he stank to high heavens. Of course, it might have had to do with the fact that he bathed in rubbing alcohol...

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Unfortunately, there are some medical conditions that will leave the person so afflicted with a horrific body odor, and there is literally nothing they can do to make it go away.
              That's true. My wife had a student who always smelled like onions. The student tried many things, but could never get the onion smell to go away.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                I'm pretty sure the worst offender I've run into just doesn't care that he's offensively foul
                Did he talk to a duck and occasionally start yelling "Bugg'rit!"?
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I don't know what the rules and regulations are like for other countries, but I can safely say that here in New Zealand, Bus drivers are allowed to deny travel to ANY person for a legit reason (Including offensive body odour).

Example:

One ex-regular had a habit of boarding the bus, paying for a single section, and over-riding into the next zone, though he had always disembarked before an inspector could nab him. He also was wearing the same clothes pretty much every time that he boarded the bus, and it was noted that he did NOT take care of his personal hygiene, as several passengers complained, plus one said that the guy supposedly wet his pants while on the bus >< (seriously, they said that as the guy finally left, they could see a damp patch on his trousers!)

It finally got to the point where the head office said that until the man cleans up his act, he is NOT to be allowed to travel on our bus, and if he tries to force his way on, the police will be brought into it and he will be formally trespassed from riding on our buses for 2 years.
                  Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Yea, always notice that when I hop on the bus! What I don't understand when the drivers don't kick off the idiots that continuously hit the stop button, I like the buses that don't buzz after its been hit once I also don't get the ones tht don't get off for eating/drinking, the sign specifically states this in most buses, not just the offensive behaviour stuff.
                    Began work Aug as casual '08
                    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                    Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      That's true. My wife had a student who always smelled like onions. The student tried many things, but could never get the onion smell to go away.
                      That's actually a medical condition, I forget the name. Has to do with overproduction of a certain enzyme.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Did he talk to a duck and occasionally start yelling "Bugg'rit!"?
                        "Millenium hand and shrimp!"

*ahem* ... sorry

Alas, no, he was merely noxious and obnoxious. And he had a habit of tossing his trash in the gutter.
                        Quoth ottid View Post
                        I also don't get the ones tht don't get off for eating/drinking, the sign specifically states this in most buses, not just the offensive behaviour stuff.
                        I don't get this one, either. I used to always see mothers with their toddler kids, and they'd give them some snack, and it was always something super messy, like some honey-infused nutrition bar (nice and sticky), some chocolate-covered thing (yeah, chocolate smears are fun, right?), or something crumbly like sugar wafers. Ugh! And the teenagers were worse, with their nachos smothered in cheese and peppers and the like. Why was it always something that smelled really strong, too. They never ate anything that you couldn't tell all over the bus, and the drivers never said anything.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
                          YI also don't get the ones tht don't get off for eating/drinking, the sign specifically states this in most buses, not just the offensive behaviour stuff.
                          I must admit that I am guilty of that, but only with peanut free granola bars.
                          If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

The whole food gripe thing is more to do with why have a signe specifically saying don't do such a thing and then let people do it anyway? I don't mind non-smelly, non-sticky, non-crumbly food, it doesn't make a mess or anything, and sipper bottles are fine too.

The other night I hoped on the bus and people were eating hot chips that stunk the whole bus out. Made the bus smell like it was one of those really old ones that you can never get a nice smell out of. What annoyed me more is that it appeared that they knew the driver...

PS Sorry for threadjacking
                            Began work Aug as casual '08
                            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Working...
                            X