This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Bus Ride (No, Not Literally)

So early this morning, I was on my way home from work. (Night shifts... Sigh) In order to get to or from work, I have to take 2 buses, changing downtown. All this happened just on the FIRST bus.

I get on the bus, smile at the driver, and say good morning. I get a glowering look, and no response. Nice.

The whole time I am on the bus, some idiot behind me is cursing and talking loudly, narrating as we go along. Grrr. Of course the driver says NOTHING.

Then some EW gets on the bus and starts arguing with the driver. She wants to ride the bus for "just a few blocks". No problem right? Except for the fact that she DOES NOT WANT TO PAY. She throws a fit. After all, why should SHE have to pay to only ride like 3 blocks? My two cents? Try WALKING the three blocks dumb ass. Or, novel idea, buy a MONTHLY BUS PASS and just use that. They are only around 40 dollars, and you have to pay a dollar every time you get on the bus anyways. The driver does not give in. Hahahaha.

Then, the best part. A lady is waiting at the bus stop, smoking a cig and only wanting to ride a few blocks. Even has a pass! Cool, huh? Except for the fact that she GOT ON THE BUS WITH THE CIG STILL LIT AND SMOKING. She sees the dirty looks, and the narrator loudly says "Is she really on the bus with a lit cigarette?!" She then quickly puts the cig out by PUSHING IT INTO THE SIDE OF THE BUS. Of course the driver still says nothing. She then sits next to me, and I can barely breathe from the strength of the cig smell.

I hate the bus.
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

And that makes me glad that buses in my state rely on a ticket system. You don't have a ticket, out you go, with a $2000 (I think...) fine for fare evasion. More fines if you're caught smoking.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

This is why when I hop on the bus, I have my sunglasses on, my mp3 player on and playing (I still greet the bus driver) and pretend that I am alone the entire time.... no one else exists to me.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

only fourty dollars? Lucky. Its eighty here for a monthly and they raise it every january. Raise that, and the hourly/daily fees. -.-

Sucky driver, suckier woman.
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Last I checked a Monthly pass here is 125$ and you need Photo ID supplied by the Transpo (for another 25$). Aka; How to dick over the general public.

There's a reason the Drivers lost all their support during the general strike they had. during winter.

Comment

We don't do monthly passes, just a "prepay" card. You top it up evey time you need to. I usually put $20 on, depends on how often I use it to how often I have to top up. I save 10% off the cash fare with the card too

In saying that one time I had a brilliant driver. I caught the bus home from work, realised that I had left my keys inside the house when I left with my bf that morning I thoguht maybe h had put them somewhere hidden outside for me, no luck. Return to bus stop and get the same driver who takes me back into town so I can get another key from the locksmiths (Yay for the landlord having them have one on file!). I somehow manage to get the same driver back to my place, he only charged me for half of my trip
            Began work Aug as casual '08
            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

I've actually called the bus service to complain about particularly sucky drivers.

However, most of the ones for the local bus line are really nice.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

that's why ... when i went back to college, i picked to live in a residential apartment complex that was somewhat in walking distance... bout 20-30 minute walk. though it's not always easy to find someplace that close

Comment

I'm lucky. Being disabled I get to get the disabled bus pass. $30 for a year.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                    I'm lucky. Being disabled I get to get the disabled bus pass. $30 for a year.
                    I'm not so sure how "lucky" that really is...

There are many days when I wish I did not qualify for my disabled parking tags.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

My grandmother qualifies, being elderly and bed/wheelchair bound. I qualify for reduced as well (or does hers cover me? I forget.) being her primary attendant. However, it's kinda useless because the bus that used to go right past our house got canceled, and the nearest stop is over 1.5 miles away.
                      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Your bus post reminded me of a 6th grade ride home from school on the school bus.

We had a sub. driver and there were about four of us left on the bus all aged 5 to 10 years old. The driver couldn't remember which way to go next and asked us but none of us really knew the street names or which way to go. The guy exploded

"You are all so STUPID. I thought you went to private school! You're supposed to be smarter."

Comment

Today on the way home the driver completely missed our stop, the next stop after ours is over a km away so one of the group of people waiting by the doors trys calling out

"excuse me driver, you missed our stop" and got not responce

so she walks up the bus to him and repeats herself... he responds

"OH FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!"

and then opens the front door and lets her off, and doesnt open the back doors where everyone else was waiting to get off!!!!

cue 3-4 other people angrily shouting at him to open the back door as he pulls through an intersection and around the corner.... about 500 meters down the road he FINALLY lets everyone off... thanks a lot buddy
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Don't you just love it when drivers make a mistake and give YOU an attitude for it?
                            "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Working...
                            X