X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they FIND me?

First, an update:

Finished work on TRS with my last company and decided that while I loved video games, I didn't "LOVE" video games. Think about it, you'll get the picture. So, after doing some job hunting and talking with people I know, I got hired on to work for a pretty sizable company near where I live. As part of this, I'm going to have to travel overseas to study how to operate the various machines the company wants me to (though being that I'll be working in the office this makes no sense what so ever to me.) Eh. At least i'll get to see China or Japan, depending on where they send me.

The other day, while getting prepared to leave at the end of June, I decided to head out and pick up some new clothing and a few things that I know I'll need and if I don't get them now I'm not getting them any time soon. Wal-Mart was my first...and I suppose only choice. So I headed there. My first major sighting comes from there.

Pulled into the lot and realized that I need some gas. So heading over to the WM station, I pull up and start poking around. Now those who don't know, WM has a pump then pay policy. Huge signs on the pumps state this, and yet...people still fark it up. Take this guy for example:

While I'm standing there, this older gentleman is repeatedly putting his card in, pulling it out, then swiping it again. He punches several buttons, then tries to pump, to no avail. This repeats for quite some time before the cashier asks if he needs help. He rather emphatically says/yells NO, and keeps at it. Several more minutes pass, with the swipe, button, no pump, swipe, button pattern repeating. You can see this guy starting to get pissed, and again the cashier asks if he needs help. This time he says yes and complains that the stupid pump isn't taking his gift card. So this prompts the cashier to head out to check (by then I've paid and am about to leave) and see why. As I pull out, the lady is gently trying to explain to the gentleman that though the names are similar, K-Mart and Wal-Mart are two different companies, and their gift cards are not interchangable.

Minor sighting:

Headed in to get my passport photo done. Though I'm assured I won't need one, I still think it's better safe than sorry. Heading up to the photo place I state this, only to be seated for a few moments. It takes a while to get to me, with both the photographer and the manager staring at the computer, then up at me. Finally the manager comes out to me and apologizes , stating that she can't help me. I'll be honest, I got somewhat sucky at her, asking in an elevated tone why not? To which she replied "Green cards don't need photo ID." I gave up. Figure I'll get my photo somewhere else.

Random suck:

(A "sucks to be you" sighting)

While heading home, stopped in at the movie rental place. Figured I'd pick up something good. Well as I poke about the store, I'm stunned to hear a woman say quite loudly "HE RENTED WHAT!?" Blinking I look over my shoulder to see a woman with what looks to be a munchkin, though upon closer inspection it's some teenager trying his best to hide. The lady is very upset, and the boy...well if he could have shrunk away I figure he might have. When I check out I ask what happened, and the manager explains.

Apparently, "munchkin" had turned eighteen a few weeks back and decided to "flex" this. So he rented himself a nice adult video while his parents were out. It might have been all well and good had 1.) he not used his father's card, and 2.) he returned the movie.

Much laughter abounded.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Congrats on the new job!

Quoth repsac View Post
    Minor sighting:

Headed in to get my passport photo done. Though I'm assured I won't need one, I still think it's better safe than sorry. Heading up to the photo place I state this, only to be seated for a few moments. It takes a while to get to me, with both the photographer and the manager staring at the computer, then up at me. Finally the manager comes out to me and apologizes , stating that she can't help me. I'll be honest, I got somewhat sucky at her, asking in an elevated tone why not? To which she replied "Green cards don't need photo ID." I gave up. Figure I'll get my photo somewhere else.
    WTF? How does passport=green card? They probably would have wound up being the wrong size, too. This is why I went to Walgreens. Nobody else waiting, 15 minutes and $8 later, I'm walking out with my photos.

Are you in the US? If you're going to China or Japan, you have to have a passport (and a visa for China) passport? Hell, as of June 1st, you need one (or a passport card or a driver's license and birth/naturalization cert) if your coming back into the country from Mexico!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
      Minor sighting:

I don't know why he kept thinking green cards but he's either lying or stupid. Greencards do require a photo, immigration has even stricter requirements on the photo than a regular passport photo.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Finished work on TRS
        probably dating myself a bit here but I originally read that as TSR

and personally i say... Japan! I lived there for a year and loved it. You won't even need a car (trains ftw).

Plus there's also a walmart there kinda - Seiyu is owned by wally. though you can also get good stuff at Yodobashi, Tokyu Hands, etc.

and... i guess that means they didn't check the ID on the kid to see if he was allowed to rent that kind of movie from the account.

Comment

You don't love games. You just say that to get them into bed with you.....
          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            and... i guess that means they didn't check the ID on the kid to see if he was allowed to rent that kind of movie from the account.
            They must have checked the I.D. to see if he was old enough, he probably has rental privelages on the account and his parents didn't put "do not rent this" on the account as a precaution so as he was old enough they rented it to him. Probably prents that think their kid does not know what sex is. MY PWECIOUS KNOWS THE NAUGHTY!!!! NO WAY!
            "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
            James from Pokémon.

Comment

Working...
            X