This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Grabber

I'd put off going to the grocery store for two weeks, so it was time. Everything went fine until time to get in line... There were only two lanes open; the "12 items or less" lane and one regular lane. The lady ahead of me in the regular lane looked like she was shopping for a Minor League Baseball team.

Her last item was a ham the size of a small Volkswagen. It was a Manager's Special and it would not scan correctly on the belt scanner. So, the cashier took a scanning gun out of a little holster and scanned the bar code. She set the scanner down and the EW reached over to the cashier's side of the counter and put the scanner back into it's holster.

Of course the ham was still ringing up wrong, so the cashier took the scanner back out and tried again, about three more times. No sooner would she set the scanner back down, than the EW would reach over and grab it and put it back into the holster... I am imagining she thought she was magically putting paid to the problem. The cashier was trying not to be irritated with the EW, but she kept looking at her every time she'd grab for the scanner.

It made me wonder if anyone else has seen people who grab the cashier's equipment or supplies? Who would think it was okay to just grab the equipment at a store???

The EW had about eight packages of Manager's Special meat... Which is the meat that expires in one day... Maybe she got her comeuppance for grabbing the cashier's equipment, in the form of a nice green furry meat product...

Quoth Yurimaru View Post
    ...The EW had about eight packages of Manager's Special meat...
    I hope that's not a euphemism. Otherwise, it would be further proof that she's a whore of a different kind.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Yurimaru View Post

It made me wonder if anyone else has seen people who grab the cashier's equipment or supplies? Who would think it was okay to just grab the equipment at a store???
      That would get her hand slapped at the very least if it was me. I've told off a coworker for doing that when she came by off duty. It's something that freaks me out as space invasion.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Before I respond, what does, "magically putting paid..." mean? O_o

Comment

Quoth Yurimaru View Post
          Who would think it was okay to just grab the equipment

The EW had about eight packages of Manager's Special meat
          Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          I hope that's not a euphemism. Otherwise, it would be further proof that she's a whore of a different kind.

Definitely a W with no E.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            Before I respond, what does, "magically putting paid..." mean? O_o
            I believe "putting paid to the problem" means fixing the problem. So the woman thought she was magically fixing the problem by reholstering the scanning gun (which is just silly).
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

yeah i figure... if it aint yours don't touch it unless they want you to help.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                That would get her hand slapped at the very least if it was me. I've told off a coworker for doing that when she came by off duty. It's something that freaks me out as space invasion.
                It occurred to me, while reading the OP that the SC could have been a coworker... I know when I go to my store, I have to stop myself from handling the gun, or reaching over the counter for the pen, employee slips, etc. I don't mean to do it, and I feel all sorts of jackassy when I do. My coworkers haven't slapped me yet.

Probably because they know it'd make me cry.

Regarding the meat, isn't that just the last day they'd be able to sell it--it's not going to magically become inedible at the stroke of midnight...? So long as she freezes it or whatever, she'll be fine.
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                X