Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You just crossed the line into obsession. (Warning: Long and a strong language alert)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just crossed the line into obsession. (Warning: Long and a strong language alert)

Actually, forget crossing the line. These kids ran over the line, and just kept going.

Me and some friends were carpooling the other evening to hang out. They agreed to meet me at a library a few blocks from my place. This particular library has a few nights a week when it closes at 5pm instead of the usual 9pm. This was one such night. And it was 5:15pm.

I was waiting for my group on one of the benches outside, when a group of 6 kids came up, ranging in age from about 8 to maybe 14. From what I gathered, the older kids were friends,and the younger ones were the tag-along siblings. When the group came up to the door, one of the older girls (Who established herself as the ringleader of the group) expressed her displeasure at the now closed library by screaming "Are you fucking serious?!?!?!?!? How the fuck am I getting on FUCKING MYSPACE?!?!?!?!?"

One of the kids started slaming his fist on the automatic door button, and when that didn't work, they proceeded to bang and kick the glass doors, with the ringleader continuing to rant about how bad she wants to get in with gems such as "This is bullshit! I need to get the fuck on Myspace right now!!!!!!"

To make matters worse, she turned to the younger kids and demanded that they get "some huge fucking rocks", because she wanted to attempt to break the glass on the door to get in. Her explaination for this: "There's cars right there (in the parking lot), so I know people are in there!!!! Those fucking bitch cunts better not try to stop me!!!!1111!!!!one!!!!!"

While this is happening, I'm pulling out my cell phone to dial 911. Another one of the older kids noticed me dialing, pointed me out, and screamed out "Shit! She's calling the fucking cops!" Ringleader girl yelled to the group to "get the fuck out of here" before picking up a rock and throwing it in my direction. She missed, but she decided to run instead of making another attempt.

When they left, one of the librarians unlocked the door and told me that the police were already on the way, then asked me if I could come inside to help make the report to them. I called one of my friends to let them know that our festivities would be held off a bit, and why (they understood), then went in and waited for the police. Since I was outside when all of this went down, I was able to both give a more acurate description of the kids, as well as give details about what they were doing/saying out there (including their motivation for attempting to break in).

All and all, I think I'll put this on my list of reasons that I never want kids.
    "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
    -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

They're lucky then didn't end up having someone like my dad as a father. They sure as hell would NOT be doing that!

Comment

She's going to make some guy very happy someday.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

what's sad is that even if these twats made it in to the library... don't they need special codes to log in?

i guess the myspace obsession was too great to think that stuff through...

Comment

How sad is it that said obsession was over frakkin' MYSPACE! People still use that thing??
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Times like that, a camera-cellphone would probably have been nice.

The one that threw the rock at you; that would count as assault wouldn't it? Even though it missed?

I hope those kids get a good scare at the very least, if not some cooling off time without Facebook. ( Status: In Jail. Mood: Contrite? We can wish right? )

Comment

It's pretty scary what kids that age can do. Forget sweet and innocent, they're amoral little monsters who egg each other on in a pack mentality a lot of the time. Which is why adults HAVE TO step in - those kids aren't going to learn empathy (or consequences!) on their own...

Never underestimate the Teacher Voice, by the way.

Comment

My thoughts reading this were >_< and

I do not get it. At all. Glad they weren't able to break in, and glad the rock missed. I hope they get caught. That sort of thing shouldn't happen.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

If i were a librarian there, I think I would adjust the content filters to block myspace on all the computers, just to see what happens.

Comment

Quoth the toy guy View Post
                    If i were a librarian there, I think I would adjust the content filters to block myspace on all the computers, just to see what happens.
                    Excellent. I love your idea
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

In high school, I became a teacher-sanctioned admin for the filtering software...simply because I knew what my fellow students were likely to get up to (I also knew how it worked better than the librarians).

Quoth Buglady View Post
                      It's pretty scary what kids that age can do. Forget sweet and innocent, they're amoral little monsters who egg each other on in a pack mentality a lot of the time.
                      Each passing year, I'm more and more glad I never got into the whole clique thing in school...well technically I did, but all us stagehands were outcasts from the "cool kids tables" anyway. We were also allowed to carry knives/multitools (which is probably the reason none of us got messed with).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

well... be very careful about blocking myspace cos i know what will happen.... what happened to my second ship.

people started using hacking sites to circumvent the blocks and picked up viruses to the ship's computers.

admins won the fight because... hey it's the military and they can punish you for breaking the rules (rules that you have to physically actually sign that you've read and understand)

not sure if the library will be allowed to flex the authority THAT much

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                          People still use that thing??
                          Yep.

I mostly play Super Poke Pets.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            what's sad is that even if these twats made it in to the library... don't they need special codes to log in?
                            Worse...The computers are programmed to shut themselves off ten minutes before closing, so library staff don't have to tell people verbally to get off the computers and leave already. So even if they did succeed in breaking into the library and getting to a computer, they'd have no way to access it.

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                            The one that threw the rock at you; that would count as assault wouldn't it? Even though it missed?
                            They might be charged with attempted assault, attempted breaking and entering, and maybe a few more "attempted"s. But that's if they get caught.

Then again, they were stupid enough to try to break into a building with a witness sitting on a bench less than 20 feet away from them...I wouldn't put it past them to go back to the library while it's open like nothing happened.
                            "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
                            -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Comment

And there's my keep-Mr. Happy-in-your-pants, anti-pregnancy scare lecture for today. Thanks.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X