X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Titillation

This is from way back but here goes.

Valentines Day 2007. My significant other at the time decided to take me to a Turkish restaurant to celebrate the occasion. Generally my attitude to Turkish cuisine is that I can boil my own rice and roast meat on sticks in my own home rather than paying through the nose for it, but what the hell. We arrive and it's all very nice.

Suddenly a belly dancer appears and starts weaving between the tables to slightly painful music. I presumed this was a special show for Valentines Day, and in typical English fashion, most of the couples found it incredibly embarrassing. I know I did.

As she went past a couple near our table, the man reached out, put his hands on her hips, and blew a raspberry on her tummy. He was swiftly ejected. His girlfriend looked like she was about to poop plutonium.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

*blink* Why on earth would he think it would be REMOTELY appropriate to do that?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
      As she went past a couple near our table, the man reached out, put his hands on her hips, and blew a raspberry on her tummy. He was swiftly ejected. His girlfriend looked like she was about to poop plutonium.
      I can't decide whether to laugh hysterically or shout in outrage.
      Either way, you made me almost choke on my toast!

And now I'm wishing that someone had taken video of this scene. I would like to see the reactions of all the other customers, and the dancer herself.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

I feel I should point out that the guy was VERY drunk (which became obvious as he was led out, stumbling the whole way), he didn't appear to have a sober fetish for bellies...
        Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I think bellydancing is an incredibly wonderful art. I want to learn it. I know about six or seven belly dancers in the city.

Not sure whats' annoying about it though, but we each have our own taste. Maybe the guy thought she was a stripper?
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Horsetuna, look at it this way. If there had been a string quartet playing and jerky boy had come over and started poking his fingers in the instruments while they were trying to play, he'd have been just as sucky. And for exactly the same reason. Unless you're *asked* to participate, you don't touch the entertainers. No matter what the entertainment is.

I used to belly dance, and the rules have been the same everywhere I've danced and everywhere I've seen dancers. No touchee!

Comment

a raspberry?? wtf! thats nuts

Comment

My classics history class went on a toga party dinner once a year to a Turkish restaurant and I loved it! They had belly dancers, they were amazing to. I don't understand why people would be embarrassed, they are covered much more than people at the beach are!

While it was totally inappropriately I think the raspberry is hilarious! If she's an experienced performer she would know how to handle it. They were right to chuck him though.
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I used to belly dance. I really miss it.

My first instructor had us wear the full pants under the skirts. We also usually wore little jackets, short or long sleeved, that tied just under the bust.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Some people's rudeness surprises me.

...actually now you made me wanna try what Turkish food is. >.>;; I actually kind of imagined it'd be like Greek or Cypriot food.
                    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

...That's hilarious. I'm sorry, I would have been laughing too hard to be angry.
                      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I hate to admit this, but...I probably would have laughed too. Just because I find anything that sounds like a fart pants-wettingly funny.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          I used to belly dance. I really miss it.

My first instructor had us wear the full pants under the skirts. We also usually wore little jackets, short or long sleeved, that tied just under the bust.
                          Quasi-Guasi's then? haha sorry, i've been trying to make a Guasi coat for years. a Guasi coat is a jacket that buttons under the boobs (to help lift the ladies) and is flexible and fitted, basically covers the whole dancer. a Quasi-Guasi is something a friend of mine called hers - it looked like a Guasi, but had no stomach panels. She was very very tiny-boobed... and she doesn't dance anymore since her knees gave out on her.

I also belly dance. I love it. I miss my neck plaques though - someone stole them.
                          "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                          ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            Horsetuna, look at it this way. If there had been a string quartet playing and jerky boy had come over and started poking his fingers in the instruments while they were trying to play, he'd have been just as sucky. And for exactly the same reason. Unless you're *asked* to participate, you don't touch the entertainers. No matter what the entertainment is.

I used to belly dance, and the rules have been the same everywhere I've danced and everywhere I've seen dancers. No touchee!

Oh well that part yeah, dont touch the dancers. I was just surprised people were embarassed there was a belly dancer at all.
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I never used a gawazi jacket or dress because I'm between a pear and an hourglass shape and it doesn't work well when you have hips.

It was several years ago and I don't remember where the pattern came from. It was cut to show the bra top in front, then had sleeves of different lengths, some loose, some fitted.
                              Last edited by wagegoth; 05-15-2009, 05:48 PM.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X