Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have that pattern (or used to). Let me see if I can find it, and I'll let you know.

Comment

Aside:

I am in awe of the belly dancers at the Ohio Ren. Fest after this past year.

Bit of Background: I have been looking for a good two-handed, double-headed battle axe for awhile now. I stand 6'4"-5", so most look like kiddie toys in my hands. This past year, I found one that was sized for me. It made my 5'4"-ish friend look like Frodo holding Gimli's axe. It has a solid wood haft with a steel counterbalence on the butt, and a rather scary two-headed axe. It weighs at least 15 lbs, and was is well balanced. I now know just what the books mean when they say a weapon "felt like he was born to carry it." Just about the perfect axe for me.

One of the ladies doing the dancing spied it leaning next to our table and asked to borrow it for the show. I said yes, and she proceeded to dance with it balanced on her head! I am frankly amazed she found a stable point to balance with (but it did make me even happier with my choice of weapon ). She did a wonderful job dancing, with only one bobble where inertia caused the axe to continue rotating clockwise when she reversed her spin. I think everyone watching the show tipped pretty well after that performance. I know I did.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Belly dance can be amazing, although yes, the music can be a little hard for Western ears to get used to. I have a friend who danced a fantastic set at my sister's wedding, where she had a *candelabra* - lit, no less - on her head. Amazing balance and control, there!

And I have this feeling that if anyone dared to blow a raspberry on HER belly, he'd very swiftly regret it, without the bouncers having to move a muscle; he'd find himself with his arms in a new and interesting, though probably not altogether useful, configuration.

Comment

Working...
        X