This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay, Gay, Little Homo Gay

On my way home from work today, I stopped at a gas station for a newspaper and something to drink. I was waiting in line when a young kid, maybe 12 or so, walked in with a bizarre hat on. It looked sort of like a cross between a jester's cap and a crown, and it had streamers and the like on it. The kid was male, and this is important.

Evidently, this kid was also the nephew of the woman behind the counter at the gas station. Her reaction upon seeing him?

"You look gay. That's gay. You're a little homo. You're gay. If your dad sees you wearing that, he's gonna tell you you're a little fag. Gay gay gay!"

While inexcusable under any circumstances, it would have been more understandable if the counter person was, say 16. She wasn't--she was in her late 30s at the youngest.

I put my stuff back and left. The owner is getting a letter tomorrow.
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

I'm ashamed to admit that I was like that in my mid teens.

I would definitely complain to upper management as well, as I'm sure they'd love to hear about someone who acts like a 12 year old on X-Box Live working behind their counter.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

A jester hat? Gay? I don't understand people....

Comment

And if that kid really is gay he will have issues for the rest of his life because of it... parents like that should be shot (I'm having a pissy night at work... I'm not in the mood for sugar coating or playing polite).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          And if that kid really is gay he will have issues for the rest of his life because of it... parents like that should be shot (I'm having a pissy night at work... I'm not in the mood for sugar coating or playing polite).
          Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether this is an ongoing issue for the kid. All the same, the relative was acting in an unprofessional manner.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            I'm having a pissy night, I'm not in the mood for sugar coating or playing polite).
            There, Seuss-ed it up for ya.

Comment

That's just incredibly wrong and uncalled for, not to mention unprofessional.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

theres a new ad campaign against using gay as a term of negativity - hope this bitch sees it and realizes what a dumbass she is

Comment

You know what's really gay? Guys having sex with other guys; women having sex with other women; people of the same sex falling in love and living together. Stuff like that.

Anything else is debateable.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I would have told her, "And that attitude makes you look like a dyke." and walked out. My basis for saying something like that, homophobes are often homosexuals in hiding. They lash out at others to make themselves feel better about their "abnormal" feelings.

Good on you for leaving though. You rock Monkey!
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      You know what's really gay? Guys having sex with other guys; women having sex with other women; people of the same sex falling in love and living together. Stuff like that.
                      also, Broadway musicals.

Comment

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Nelson was dating Lisa. When he kisses Lisa, his friends said "You kissed a girl? That is sooooo gay!"
                        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Takes one to know one....... And yeah there would have been a letter to the owner...

Comment

I would have told the kid it looked cool, and not boring like her.

Comment

hell that kind of hat was popular among the straight teens when i was in high school... they would get them at the amusement parks.

Comment

Working...
                              X