This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You, McDonalds!

So I had a really bad week at work and was in a foul mood by the time I got back to my city, because before I even got on the freeway, some SUV was literally falling apart as it went down the road and I had no time to react and I was so paranoid whatever I ran over was going to pop my tires or put a leak in them......

I get to McDonalds and pull up into the drive thru (both lanes have a few cars a piece) but I notice something really strange.....

OH HELL NO.

Some moron on a bike, no wait, let me correct myself....AN ADULT TRICYCLE, was trying to go throug the drive thru.

I was thinking to myself "Oh please, do NOT let that person get away with that....soon everyone on their bike will be doing this!"

Thankfully, they must have been refused service, because the tricycle pulled away from the drive thru and peddled into a PARKING spot (for cars! How ignorant!) and the ignorant fool of a woman who was riding it stomped inside.

Thanks for putting your foot down on that one, McDonalds. Last week there was a guy with a huge boat behind his truck that clogged up the drive-thru for several minutes, and they let him through and I was starting to lose hope.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

We could never do anything about the doofuses who thought bringing their boat through was a good idea, but nobody was ever allowed to be served in D/T unless in a car due to safety concerns. Can you imagine the lawsuit if that woman had been hit while waiting on her food because some EW was on her cell/doing her makeup/whatever, and not paying attention? *shudder*
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Bicycle "drive throughs".... that'd be a neat idea.... a drive through meant only for people on bicycle (who didn't want to go in of course)...

Comment

I can understand not being able to refuse service to people with boats. But it's just so rude and inconsiderate to the other people. And considering only trucks and SUVs can haul those massive things....it takes up even more room.

I can't believe the amount of adult tricycles I've seen lately. Just last Saturday morning downtown, someone was riding one.

And of course, yesterday morning, some complete bozo had one of those bicycles with a baby seat on the back of it, and he was trying to ride WITH traffic with a small child in the back. Good Lord.....

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          and he was trying to ride WITH traffic...
          i thought bikes had to ride in the same direction as traffic? at least that's the law here.
          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

one night a group of friends and i tried walking up to the 24/7 window and they refused us service that way too so we had to get in the car and sit there instead lol

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
              i thought bikes had to ride in the same direction as traffic? at least that's the law here.
              It's a "ride with, walk against" thing around me. Think it's a safety thing -- walking you need to see what's coming at you, riding it's more dangerous to be hit head on.

Comment

At least they didnt try and pull this....

I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

OMG! I almost peed my pants laughing!
                  My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                  My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

This reminds me of a story that happened over a year ago.

I got off of work fairly late and I was hungry. I had quite a bit of time before the next bus came, so I thought I'd swing over to one of the fast food joints nearby. The lobby was already closed, but drive through was open. I was on bike. There weren't any cars in drive through so I pulled up to the window and tapped it lightly to grab their attention.

I asked if I could place an order for my favorite guac burger. They let me do this. They were real nice and I hope this wasn't sucky of me.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                      Bicycle "drive throughs".... that'd be a neat idea.... a drive through meant only for people on bicycle (who didn't want to go in of course)...
                      That would be nice...it really sucks for those of us who are unable to drive and yet get the munchies late at night when the lobbies are closed

Comment

Riding in traffic with an adult tricycle with a CHILD??!! What the hell was wrong with that person?!!! I'm glad McD's put their foot down on serving the trike dude.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm sorry, I should have clarified....the person in the drive thru was alone on an adult tricycle. The man with the bicycle with the babyseat on the back was a seperate incident.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

That's awesome. That is all.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

I asked if I could place an order for my favorite guac burger. They let me do this. They were real nice and I hope this wasn't sucky of me.
                              It really depends on the area. When I worked at <burger joint>, it was right next to a crack hotel with lots of scary people coming and going. If someone walked up to my window, I would have been worried they'd reach in and try to grab the register. I would have said hell no then. But if it's a decent area and you didn't look terrifying, I would have served you. It would also make you not sucky as long as you would have taken no for an answer if the employees refused you.

PS: by the statement "and you didn't look terrifying", I mean any person who might come up to the window, not Mr. Hero necessarily. and by terrifying I mean, "holy god, that dude/chick is totally strung the hell out on meth!!"
                              "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                              X