This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Megg View Post
    We could never do anything about the doofuses who thought bringing their boat through was a good idea, but nobody was ever allowed to be served in D/T unless in a car due to safety concerns.
    Apparently they're pretty strict about that. Years ago, back in my "young and stupid" days, I was out with some friends, and as a joke we went thru the drive-thru with one of us sitting on the hood of the car. They told us they couldn't serve us unless everyone was inside the car.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I have an inkling that they wouldn't let anyone go in the drive-thru backwards or in reverse because the window doesn't work on the driver's side.

I'm still pissed about that idiot and his boat. His truck and that boat took up the entire drive-thru. The line for drive-thru was almost backed up into the street because no one could move until he did.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Every McDonalds I can think of seeing lately has a sign not allowing trailers, with or without a boat, through drive-thru.

And they've just added signage saying they can't serve pedestrians at drive-thru due to OH&S Regulations.

But this is in Australia, and we're sensible down under
        It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
        Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
        So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

I have an inkling that they wouldn't let anyone go in the drive-thru backwards or in reverse because the window doesn't work on the driver's side.
          I did that at McD's once. They said to never do it again, as they had already taken my order by the time they realized I wasn't driving.

If someone did the cardboard car thing at Toxic Hell, I totally would have served them just cause.
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            At least they didnt try and pull this....

I would be tempted to serve them once for begin that creative.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
              i thought bikes had to ride in the same direction as traffic? at least that's the law here.
              I'm not sure, but I think blas meant "with traffic" as in "on the street" instead of on the many bike trails she's mentioned exist in her area.

And I hope I never see a trailer in the drive thru here. Most of the McDs are situated in areas where the drive thru has to wrap around the building through tight spaces, and those trailers would never make it without taking out a good chunk of the building at the same time.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

With traffic meaning in the road with motorists and going the same way as traffic was flowing.

This particular McDonalds is the same one from my other story about the psycho guy who thought I was just sitting there for fun. It's quite long and the only curve is from where you order to where you pay, then it's straight. Any other McDonalds he would have been screwed...shorter drive-thrus at way different angles.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  And I hope I never see a trailer in the drive thru here. Most of the McDs are situated in areas where the drive thru has to wrap around the building through tight spaces, and those trailers would never make it without taking out a good chunk of the building at the same time.
                  Exactly! I don't think I've ever seen a fast food drive thru that you could even get through with a boat trailer. Definitely not around where I live.

We have those tricycles at work to get around the warehouse. My old department had one (my current dept. doesn't but then we don't go out to the warehouse often enough to really need one). There's also some golf carts, mostly for the maintenance people who have to bring stuff with them that won't fit in the bike basket.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X