X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Dairy Queen Girl

To the girl at the food court Dairy Queen I visited today,

You can not eat your cake and have it, too. If you're going to slouch over the counter because it's dead slow, watching everyone as they walk by without stopping to buy something, then please, do not sigh and roll your eyes at me when I decide to get something. For that matter, you should NEVER roll your eyes in front of ANY customer, EVER, even if they are an SC. Wait until they leave or at least until you can do it out of sight.

Trust me, I know what it's like when it's boring and you just want to go home, but please try and maintain at least a little professionalism.

Jeeze. You're reacting as if I was some sort of raging SC when I politely ordered a small blizzard, and thanked you for it!

That is all.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I once worked at a jam stand, and it had just changed locations. We were in a marketplace, and hardly anyone ever came by. It was an extremely boring job. It was because of this that I was thrilled when we got a customer! It broke the monotony, and I was always extra nice and cheerful. I don't understand this girl at all.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

It's simple, she doesn't want to work, at all, period. She's bored out of her skull from not having anything to do, but she doesn't actually want to do anything.

I don't get people like that. I understand that you absolutely need to have a job, but having a bad attitude is only going to work negatively in your favor. In the end, you're just making more work for yourself.
      It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
      The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

For some reason, this reminds me of a local laundromat that Hubby and I have never been in (since we have laundry facilities in our apartment), but always have to drive past when going to or from the highway. One time, while driving by on my way home, I saw the girl who regularly works the front counter during the day sleeping up on top of the counter. Yes, sprawled across the counter in the wide front window for all the world to see.

I commented later to Hubby that I don't care if the employees read, do homework, play video games, text, whatever while they're manning the counter, but sleeping on it during business hours was just going to keep me away were I a customer. Especially since the counter was short, requiring her to drape herself across it in a most unflattering manner.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Although I do cherish the Saturdays when nobody comes into church, it does get a little long sometimes. Luckily I have my good friend Anime to keep me company. Of course, if someone does come in, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and offer to help them right away, with no complaints. I can somewhat understand why kids hate working, but at least you're getting paid. I know I'd hate to deal with some of the things I do if I weren't, but the money makes it all worthwhile. I mean come on, that kind of thing is just begging to get you fired.
          All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Quoth sanchopanza65 View Post
            Of course, if someone does come in, I'll stop whatever I'm doing and offer to help them right away, with no complaints.
            Ditto!

The sale shop we have going at the moment, is tucked away in a corner that people usually only see when heading to the mall toilets, they literally have to walk past the front door and only window, there is a wall in the other side of the walkway, barely large enough for 2 people to pass. I've been reading a book in there when there are no customers, but as soon as someone pops in, the book gets put down, out of the way. Most of the time the customers probably don't even know that I have just been reading
            Began work Aug as casual '08
            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Working...
            X