This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To many what???

Posting this as a sighting since my mother just told me about it and I didn't see it first hand.

My mom works seasonally at a high end nursery. She's a master Gardner and takes great joy in helping people plan their gardens etc.

It seems yesterday, that some lady returned a flowering basket to the nursery. Why you ask? Too many buds. Yes, too many buds. Da hell is that all about? Don't most of us choose our flowering thingies for just that reason???

And even if you want less, can't you just nip them off?

Comment

Quoth PentUpRage View Post
      Don't most of us choose our flowering thingies for just that reason???
      Most of us do, yes, but she probably just didn't want to wait for them to open, and wanted her flowers yesterday.
      "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
        Most of us do, yes, but she probably just didn't want to wait for them to open, and wanted her flowers yesterday.
        Too many buds, not enough flowers. Hrmm...I didn't think of that.

A friend of mine is a waitress, she had a guy tell her yesterday dinner was meh. She asked why, he grunted, she poked and prodded finally the only way he could define it was to say it had to much flavor. Everything had too much flavor.

Next, the frogs will be falling from the sky.

Comment

My mom's rose bushes have a ton of buds on them this year. Must be all the rain cuz usually they might get that many through the whole season, not all at once.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X