This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lane is closed

The "Express" Lane started by TimmyHate reminded me of this. This happened less then a week ago, by the way.

I was at the checkout at my local grocery store and the cashier was scanning my things when she closed down the lane to anymore customers so she could go on break. (She mentioned the break thing to her bagger, that's how I know ) The cashier at about this point walks away from the lane to grab the cigarettes I asked for. At this point a crotchety old woman comes up to the lane with her purchase. There was no sign that said "this lane is closed" so the bagger calmly explained to her that the lane was closed. The woman gave her a nasty look and snapped:

C.O.W.: Well how in the hell am I supposed to checkout!?
    Bagger: You can use the self check out ma'am, it's right over there.
    COW: *gives look that can only be described as a combination of, "screw you!" "How daarrre you?!" and confusion*

The cashier comes back at this point.

Cashier: This lane is closed ma'am.
    COW: Well I don't want to use the self checkout! How can you not keep this lane open?! How are people supposed to purchase things?!!
    Cashier: I'm sorry ma'am, our other cashier was sick today and couldn't come in.

Poor cashier (I think she's a supervisor or manager too) ended up caving and let the lady go through her lane. The kicker? This was the regular lane you go through when you have 50 million items to buy. COW had 4 candy bars and nothing else (in a full sized cart no less!).
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...
Working...
X