This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwaves, Sandwiches and Allergies

This is my third post today. FFS. I might as well go home.

Went to get lunch at a sandwich shop nearby (forgot my lunch, looking forward to having a very limp sandwich for dinner). Decided to have soup, foolishly thinking it might be homemade. No such luck, out of a can. Clearly the girl behind the counter was new, because she had to ask where everything was. Fair enough. However, she was also clearly a complete doof. Because she put the soup in the microwave. In the can. A metal can. What happened?

Sparks. Smoke. Angry angry microwave. Angry angry supervisor. Angry angry BookBint, not only because that had been the last can and therefore I could have no soup, but because the shop's supervisor seemed to think it was my fault for requesting such a ridiculous item, didn't give me a discount on the sandwich she then made me (not that I expected it on principle, but a gesture after showering me with sparks might have been nice) and also (as I discovered when I returned to my desk) made me the wrong frickin sandwich. Egg salad. I asked for tuna salad. I'm allergic to eggs. Am going to try and subsist off the lint in the bottom of my drawer.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

How was any of that crap you're fault.And how stupid does someone have to be to put a metal can in the microwave.The girl's boss better hope the girl doesn't look up in the shower,he'll have one less employee.

Comment

I put a metal wrapper in the microwave once. I just started at the place and didn't realize it was actual metal and not faux metal. One of the customers pointed it out...I felt pretty embarassed....

Comment

Working...
      X