This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad places for a carwash

So, I'm home alone this weekend, watching my sister in law's dog...

Wandered out today to get lunch, and had to chuckle as I noticed a group of high school girls standing outside a carwash facility advertising a... carwash...
    Yeah... they're doing a fundraiser carwash... at a carwash! Who the hell agreed to let them do that?

Even better, I get to the restaurant, and find another, massive group of teenage girls congregating near the drive through speaker, and go, "Uh...?" go inside, buy lunch, and am out to the car when I realize they're doing a carwash, too... and my mind goes, " *blip, dial tone* Hey, you want a carwash while you wait for your food?"
    "I call murder on that!"

I see that all the time here. Mostly the self-service ones, but sometimes they're at the automatic car washes.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Actually, having a fund-raiser carwash at a carwash lot is a pretty good idea.

For one thing, they've already got the water, soap, and other materials available on-site for washing cars, and there's a good chance that a lot of people who went to use the car wash might switch to the fund raiser instead since they're already there to have their car washed.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yes, but, it seems like the owners of the car wash wouldn't want people taking away from their profits... I dunno, it just struck me as odd when I drove by.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I would assume they would have the permission from the owner, and may even be buying a lot of supplies from him anyways, so he wouldn't lose that much.

Plus the owner build community good will by showing he supports the local groups, and he may get more people coming back later on one way or another. He can probably schedule minimal staff for the duration of the charity wash as well, so he'd save a little that way too.

Comment

A Foamy episode comes to mind where Germaine is complaining about slutty looking girls doing a carwash with their boobs hanging out and how it's degrading to women. All the while,Begley is trying to get the address from her.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Working...
            X