This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Thru Suck (language)

Okay, Assbag, it's bad enough you're driving one of those enormous Suck-UVs that completely eclipse the view in front of me. So right there, you've already earned my hatred.

Then, after placing your order at the BK Lounge's squawk-box (as I like to call the "can I take your order" intercoms), you pull up to the first window, pay for your order, then pull up to the second window and ADD MORE STUFF TO YOUR ORDER!

I understand, they forgot to charge you for your Whopper and thus you didn't get it, but when I have to see you hand them more money at the second window, and then get handed another bag, it makes me want to drag you out of your behemoth of a vehicle, beat you with a halibut, and force you to suck the exhaust pipes of all the cars in line behind you.

The whole thing only added a minute, maybe two, to my waiting, but it was the very principle of the thing:

After money has changed hands, IT'S TOO LATE TO CHANGE/ADD TO YOUR ORDER.

You fucking asshat.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

I've done that before. Sometimes I decide, "Hey, I'll spend the extra $2 for that [food] after all," and order at the window.

Is two minutes of your life really that precious?

Comment

This sounds like more suck on the part of the employee then the customer.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
        This sounds like more suck on the part of the employee then the customer.
        How is this an employee's fault?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          How is this an employee's fault?
          If the employee forgot to add the Whopper or whatever a customer ordered, then it's natural that they would ask for it at the window. It's not necessarily suck on either part; but, more forgetfulness on the employees part.

Comment

I might have been annoyed by something like this, or I might not have. It depends on how hungry I was.

Today I probably would've been annoyed. When I stopped in at Mickey D's this afternoon my tummy was making some pronounced hungry noises.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think what the OP is saying is that the person in the car in front paid for the meal,went up to the second window and then was like "Oh. I will have it." The second window is usually the window you just get your food and drink. You pay at the first.

At a store designed like this, the second window person has two options. Either, they remember the add-on and walk to the other side of the restaurant to the first window to type it in (assuming no-one is ordering right then and there) or tell the person to drive around again.

Working in a one window store, that is a PITA still. After they pay, they add on. True, for me,the computer to type orders in is right there, but it holds up the line if I have to wait for the current person to get done ordering, type it in, send it my screen and keep pressing the Next Car button until it gets to that order. When you have managers screaming at you about getting low times, that gets to someone.

It's not so bad if someone adds on before they pay. Afterwards, it's not cool.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Sometimes I have paid for stuff at the first window; but, didn't know they had my order wrong until the second window (when the order was passed out) so I had to add it on then.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
                  Sometimes I have paid for stuff at the first window; but, didn't know they had my order wrong until the second window (when the order was passed out) so I had to add it on then.
                  I don't think anyone's talking about orders getting screwed up. If that happens, you have every right to ask them to fix it.

I think what the OP is complaining about is where someone orders, pays, and then decides, "Oh, I also want to get this and that", which I imagine would cause a bit of confusion, not to mention increasing the order times, which management seems to love to penalize people for. And it's probably going to piss off the people behind him. Whether that anger is justified or not, people are still going to get angry. And yeah, maybe it's "only 2 minutes", but if a lot of people start doing it, it's going to add up.

We all make mistakes. I understand that. But one thing I try not to do is hold everyone else up because I made a mistake. I think if I had already paid and then realized I'd forgot to order something, I'd either go back around or go inside. Unless no one was behind me, and then maybe I'd see if it was OK to add onto my order.
                  Last edited by MadMike; 05-26-2009, 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

MadMike, I would love to have you as a customer
                    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Ohhh..I understand what the OP was saying now..if the customer is holding up the drive thru because they are flip flopping on their order and decide to add something at the second window..yeah maybe not outright sucky; but, at least on the annoyingly suck side

Comment

Working...
                      X