This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your tears bring me happiness (short)

So, yesterday I took my mom to Star Trek. I warned her that she would cry during the opening, after all I did. The guy behind us overheard and made a comment about how I was a wuss for crying during movies.

Anyone want to guess who I heard crying during the opening

His tears brought me joy
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I don't think the Star Trek opening warrants crying...maybe the scene with Vulcan, but...not the opening.

But to call you out on crying sucks. That's uncalled for.

Comment

Absolutely was a crying moment. But, I'm female and I cry during any movie in which there is a wedding or a birth. I won't spoil the movie any further, but, yes, it was a moment worth crying over. Excellent, excellent, excellent movie! And I'm not even a Trekkie fan.

Comment

My hubby and I saw this when it opened here a few weeks ago. First 10 mins - not a dry eye in the theatre. Have to say this film grabs you by the thoat, throws you into your seat and says "Hey! Pay attention! you've got 2 hours of sensory heaven coming"

Now I admit,I am not a huge ST fan myself, I like Nex Gen and some of the films (hubby is a hard core trekker) but this film was F****** Awesome!!! We are going to see it again this week (hopefully)

And kudos Smiley for taking your mum, hope she enjoyed it
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I got a little weepy and Husband said he also teared up during that that scene.

It might be because I'm pregnant and a little weepier than usual. I'll watch it again after the baby is born and see what happens then.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I too was choking back tears. The opening relates to so much more than just sci-fi; it's about doing what you need to do to keep your family safe.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You guys make me sad that I havent been able to get out to the theatre to see this. I WANNA CRY TOO!!

Comment

I saw this the day it opened And it was incredible. I'm a bit of a Trekkie, so I may be biased...
                I don't ever cry at movies, but even I got a teeny bit misty eyed at a few parts
                "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post

But to call you out on crying sucks. That's uncalled for.
                  yes it did... which made it all the more enjoyable when I heard mr tough guy crying behind me

it's the small things in life that bring the most joy

besides, *spoiler, highlight for text* I would love for my death to be half as meaningful as George Kirk's (not that I want to die, but I know it will happen... eventually). To have people 25 years later still speaking of my heroism and sacrifice. To die knowing my family was safe. *end spoiler*

Comment

hey i almost had a tear too for the opening

Comment

I cried. Not a ton, but there were some tears. You have to be a rock to not feel something during that scene, and I am a jellyfish when it comes to such things. I am not a Trekkie, though my hubby is, and I loved it! Okay, so I really liked Voyager and Enterprise, TNG was okay. Alright, maybe a little Trekkie.

Have enough people seen the movie to do a spoiler thread yet?
                      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                        Have enough people seen the movie to do a spoiler thread yet?
                        there's actually already a spoiler thread... I think it's a few pages back in off topic at the moment

Comment

I thought the music in that scene was the perfect counter point to what was going on. The music makes me get misty eyed. That soundtrack has to be one of the best for the Star Trek movies and one of the best of the year.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

That is all.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              So, yesterday I took my mom to Star Trek. I warned her that she would cry during the opening, after all I did.
                              There was that, and then there was The Quote. Cried at the original, cried at the reminder.
                              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
                              X