This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train stations...

Okay, so I was changing trains at Sydney Central Train station on the morning commute. I was wearing a suit and tie, carrying a bag, and had my walkman firmly plugged into my ears. I was approached by a woman with hair pulled back in a bun so tight she was squinting, who marches up to me and demands:
    "Do you work here? What's the quickest way to get to xxxxx?"

My response?

She spots someone wearing actual railway uniform and stomps off without a word.

Seriously: whiskey tango foxtrot?

Quoth Catherder View Post
    marches up to me and demands:
    "Do you work here? What's the quickest way to get to xxxxx?"
    Yeah that's always annoying. I don't mind if someone asks me politely for help but when they're rude like that I give the same response as you. Of course if I'm having a bad day and they're being particularly agressive and painful they may just find themselves directed to the wrong end of the station.
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

This is why I try and avoid places when I'm in a shirt and tie. Even in places where the uniform is a polo shirt, I still get this, so I quit dressing that way when I shop if I can help it.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

slightly related... I"ve before been waiting for TRAX at City Center station... and had a guy come up to me, and with a perfectly straight face ask "I'm trying to get to Vegas... should I take the University train or the Sandy train"... then he got mad when I said the train didn't go that far... but he could take either train to Salt Lake Central and get a greyhound from there.

OK, seriously dude, I can understand not knowing that TRAX doesn't go to say, Draper or Provo, just south of Salt Lake and that you'd have to take a bus (granted those places you can use a city bus)... but seriously... Vegas...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X