Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think a good place to have a meeting is in an extremely crowded building?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
    The amount of customers at once is directly proportional to the size and cleanliness of the dining area.

The smaller the dining area is, the more customers will swarm the store.
    Er, no, I think that means the amount of customers is inversely proportional to the size/cleanliness of the area.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      For ages, they've had a cadre of elderly folks who come in at opening and sit there sipping their coffee (they buy food too) and chat and read the paper for a good 3-4 hours each day.
      My grandfather and his buddies were like that. Most mornings, they'd meet at the local Mickey D's for coffee, and to shoot the bull. They followed that routine for years, until his death. I don't remember there being a "breakfast club" sign in the parking lot though.

Even now, my grandmother, who now has Alzheimer's keeps asking me when he'll be home. I keep telling her that he's having coffee with his buddies, and that she'll see him soon.

Edit: Getting back on topic here... There are also people who will have their 'meetings' at busy places, and then bitch about the noise, or simply about how "busy" they are. For example, not long ago, the gym I belong to had a similar problem. A track coach from one of the high schools, would bring his team there. No big deal, right? Well, it was a big deal--they'd literally take over the indoor basketball court to do their training...and then would bitch when other people wanted to play a little "one on one." That didn't last long--after several complaints, the coach was forced to do his training elsewhere.
      Last edited by protege; 09-10-2009, 06:32 PM. Reason: I can't type today :p
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Even now, my grandmother, who now has Alzheimer's keeps asking me when he'll be home. I keep telling her that he's having coffee with his buddies, and that she'll see him soon.
        Dang it, I was managing to avoid the weepies by not following the various 9/11/01 remembrances (not that I'm not sad for the losses, but to me some of the stuff is almost ghoulishly obsessive), but then you had to go and post that.

No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Sorry about that. That's one of the few things she actually remembers about her husband. I'm sure it's because it went on every day for some 40-odd years. Yep, 9/11 gets to me as well, mainly because I knew someone who was killed. He worked for a firm my company did business with--on 9/11, one of the planes landed right in their office. Didn't know him that well, but still

Somewhat on topic, does anyone get annoyed by people who have their "meetings" in the aisles of stores, or right inside entrance doors? That drives me up the damn wall, and more so when you ask nicely "excuse me," and they ignore you...but get upset if you put a shoulder into them

Comment

Protege, I think itls really sweet that you have that relationship with your grandma. Now, tell me again why you're single?
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Sorry about that. That's one of the few things she actually remembers about her husband. I'm sure it's because it went on every day for some 40-odd years. Yep, 9/11 gets to me as well, mainly because I knew someone who was killed. He worked for a firm my company did business with--on 9/11, one of the planes landed right in their office. Didn't know him that well, but still

Somewhat on topic, does anyone get annoyed by people who have their "meetings" in the aisles of stores, or right inside entrance doors? That drives me up the damn wall, and more so when you ask nicely "excuse me," and they ignore you...but get upset if you put a shoulder into them
              Yep, same with people who are too important to park.
              Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                This annoys me so much! GRR! Don't you love it when they give you the dirty look, like you were the one who is being rude by wanting to get by them? They can all drive off a cliff.
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Protege, I think itls really sweet that you have that relationship with your grandma.
                  Hehe thanks. She's really confused as of late, and has asked where Grandpa is. I don't want to lie to her, but I don't want to tell her he's dead either. Since several of his "coffee group" members have since passed on, it wouldn't surprise me if they're all at the "golden arches" in the sky I have to be very careful with what I tell her--I'm not about to upset her. She's 92, but could probably kick my ass if she wanted to

Now, tell me again why you're single?
                  Er, I really have no idea. Pittsburgh really does suck for single people. In fact, it's one of the worst cities for dating. Seriously though, after getting dumped multiple times last year, I've kinda put that on hold.

Getting back on topic, I've found that the *best* way of getting people to move, is a noisy vehicle. Seriously--ever since I moved into my place, quite a few kids would play in the street around the corner. Some wouldn't move, and assumed that I'd wait for them. Rather than play their game, I'd simply pop the now-gone Mazda into neutral, blip the throttle, and watch them scatter

Comment

Mmmm....Five Guys. One is opening nearby soon. I can't wait.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      Mmmm....Five Guys. One is opening nearby soon. I can't wait.
                      Five Guys is love. I live in Northern Virginia, where the chain has its roots. My sister used to have lunch now and then while she was in high school at one of the original stores, if not THE original.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

one of my former friends (aka an asshole) just to brag about doing that.
                        They'd park at a Denny's round-bench table and pay the minimum to sit there and then they'd drink endless coffee all day and play RPGs.

I don't know if they ever got kicked out but the place wasn't happy about them hogging the table

Comment

Working...
                        X