This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Noes...

So I went to Lone Star for dinner tonight. Decided to get an appetizer. It took a little longer than usual to get but I didn't really care, I wasn't really going anywhere tonight. A little bit later the manager came over to apoligize because it was late. I was like, "Uh...thanks". Then I asked the waitress if people were that impatient. She said that they were supposed to get it out in 5 minutes, mine took 8....Geeze, I had to wait 3 minutes. So rather than getting me all upset, she had the manager talk to me. Which was cool....but still....

I'll bet that poor waitress has been screamed at for not having it out in less than five minutes. Poor thing knows the drill. SC's+hunger= major abuse. You are an exception in our world. The patient Nice Customer.

Comment

It's rare to have a nice, sane and rational customer under that circumstance. I went to Mickey D's after work (I forgot my lunch since I overslept) and it took a little longer than usual for my order of the Quarter pounder w/ cheese meal to come through. I was in no rush so it didn't matter to me and it was by what a minute or two? So I get my tray of food and I was surprised to see an apple pie on there. I asked the manager (he was there the entire time) what it was for and he said it was because I had to wait longer than usual on my order due to a screw up since one of the employees forgot that I ordered no pickles on my burger. I would've picked them out, no big to be honest.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I remember once when I was fairly little, maybe about ten or elevenish. I was with a relative and we went to McDs to get some food. She got a little impatient with waiting for the food. I said something to the effect of "don't worry about it! Last time it took a while we got a free apple pie".

Looking back on that, I feel kinda bad now because it made me feel like a freebie chaser when I was trying to get her to look on the bright side of things.

The last time I stepped foot in a McD's (probably about two years ago), someone apologized to me for my food taking "so long" (which was about two minutes tops). I was like "That's long? I thought it was pretty quick" and just shrugged.

Wow
        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Honestly, at a sit-down restaurant I'm not even wondering where the food is till at least 15 minutes. By 20 I'm figuring they're busy. After 30 I'll wonder what's keeping them. Around 45 or so I might contemplate asking about it.

Eight?

Five plus three minutes? Seriously. That's fine.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
            Honestly, at a sit-down restaurant I'm not even wondering where the food is till at least 15 minutes. By 20 I'm figuring they're busy. After 30 I'll wonder what's keeping them. Around 45 or so I might contemplate asking about it.

Eight?

Five plus three minutes? Seriously. That's fine.
            this was the appetizer. I would expect the entre to take a little longer....

As I said, I wasn't in a particular hurry, so it didn't matter to me.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              So I went to Lone Star for dinner tonight.
              mmmhmmmm....Oh sorry you were saying?

8 minutes? Ok most of the time I go to sit down resturants I go during busy times and am lucky to get my meal in 20 minutes. Let alone 8 minutes, I only get that during non-peak times.

There was one time we waited 3 hours for our food! We got tired of waiting and left (as did several other tables). They kept telling us the food was almost ready, yet we never saw it....

Comment

Heheh. I meant the appetizer. Seriously, a sit-down meal, I expect the first course in around 15-20 minutes but wouldn't panic about it till around 45, especially if I could see they're quite full.

And by the way, Americans, "entree" means enter. It's the first course. The big part is a mains, An entree is an appetizer.

Well, to the rest of the world, anyway.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  And by the way, Americans, "entree" means enter. It's the first course. The big part is a mains, An entree is an appetizer.

Well, to the rest of the world, anyway.
                  I KNOW! I'm a foreigner here in the States and I couldn't quite fathom it, entree means enter for goodness sake! Back home it was entrees and then main, not appetiser(which is the same as an entree) and then an entree!

Comment

Heehee...Yes, we Americans do tend to use the terms "entree" and "main course" interchangeably >_< You can probably thank TV dinners -- which often market themselves as "frozen entrees" when they contain complete meals -- for that one.

I have about the same expectations as you guys have said on sit-down dinners...

My only horror stories were: 45 mins to get drinks (even water) at TGI Friday's (after they changed from fresh food to flash-frozen food, nobody here was sad to see them go); and, at a local italian/pizza joint, 45 mins for a deep-dish pizza when they told us it would take 20-25. This was with NOBODY else in the place and no more than one delivery order going out. I wonder why. The food was good, but the fact that everything from the plates to the drink cups were plastic or styrofoam didn't help (note that they charged "sit-down restaurant" prices, not "fast food pizza" prices).

On the other hand, I've had Mickey-D's orders come out in less time than what it takes to fill my Coke cup...and my burger orders tend toward the "picky" side of the scale, too....
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
                      Back home it was entrees and then main, not appetiser(which is the same as an entree) and then an entree!
                      whoa, somehow just reading that makes me dizzy.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                        whoa, somehow just reading that makes me dizzy.

I tend to have that effect on people!

Comment

Heck I got it. Maybe it was kiwiese? lol

Comment

hmmm maybe that's why they were so apologetic at ihop today. cos it took me like 10-15 minutes to get my food.

sure i was hungry and bored... but um, my fault for not picking up a paper before i came in.

Comment

Working...
                            X