Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you should not do at an arcade. (personal experience from years visiting one)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you should not do at an arcade. (personal experience from years visiting one)

-Don't climb on games. That is dangerous not only to you but the game. Do you want that game to fall down on you or break because it cannot support your weight?

-Do not physically assault the games. Just because it didn't accept your quarter doesn't mean it automatically starts. You have to hit start. Kicking it will not get you a free game.

-Kicking a ticket-dispensing game will NOT make it dispense anymore. Okay? That myth has been confirmed by many kids breaking their toes on the Ski-Ball.

-You can play Ski-Ball with only one ball. So don't say the machine is broken when it's only giving you one ball.

-Wear deodorant.

-If you need to use the bathroom, use the TOILET. Not on the floor, not in the ballpit not in the trash can, not inside a game, not in the sink, the TOILET.

-Don't eat food on the games. You shouldn't bring outside food into the arcade anyways.

-Don't ruin the bathroom doing stuff like writing in blood or shit on the walls. That is just stupid.

-Don't smear pizza all over the cyclone game and then not clean it up.

-Don't give your kid a $100 bill and not expect them to spend it playing crane games or something.

-Don't put bubblegum on the trigger of a shooting game. That is gross, do you want to spread Mono?

-Don't shave in teh bathroom, you'll clog the sink up with your hippie hair.

-Just because it counts you as scoring 100 points every time you run up the ski-ball machine doesn't mean you'll get tickets - I know because I admit I tried this back when I weighed nothing.

-Don't take balls from the ball pit and clog up the ski-ball slots with them. Are you trying to break the game?

-Don't take sticks to the Plinko to try cheating it. You know that game's practically random, correct?

-Don't take food into the ballpit and start eating it there. You're going to drop that french fry and it won't come out for awhile.

-The Ballpit is NOT a garbage can!!!

-(NOTE: I don't know if this is true or not since I was not at the arcade the month or so before they removed the ballpit - I heard this from someone who was there at the time.)
    Don't have sex inside the ballpit. Do you want some kid walking in on you? Do you know it's RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARCADE?!?!?!

-If a gun breaks on a shooting game, don't rip a light gun off another and then try to stick it on another game with bubblegum or Sugar Daddies. Yes people do this.

-Don't chew on tootsie rolls and then shove the chewed up tootsie roll into the coin slot.

-Don't throw sticky hands at people please.

-Don't rub the contents of your nose all over the buttons of Simpsons. That's the most popular game from time-to-time!

-Don't reach over and start mashing buttons on a game somebody else is playing.

-If a game breaks, tell one person. Not everyone, just ONE.

-Don't repeatedly turn on and off a game that's clearly OUT OF ORDER

-Don't shut the power off to a game that somebody's playing.
    Kangaroo Squee!

Ok, so why shouldn't you wear deodorant at an arcade?

Comment

Oh boy...as a fan of arcades myself, I have alot to say here..

-If you need to use the bathroom, use the TOILET. Not on the floor, not in the ballpit not in the trash can, not inside a game, not in the sink, the TOILET.

-Don't ruin the bathroom doing stuff like writing in blood or shit on the walls. That is just stupid.
      Seriously, it must be something in soap or cleaning fluid that makes people do that...

-Don't smear pizza all over the cyclone game and then not clean it up.

-Don't put bubblegum on the trigger of a shooting game. That is gross, do you want to spread Mono?

-Don't take sticks to the Plinko to try cheating it. You know that game's practically random, correct?

-If a gun breaks on a shooting game, don't rip a light gun off another and then try to stick it on another game with bubblegum or Sugar Daddies. Yes people do this

-Don't chew on tootsie rolls and then shove the chewed up tootsie roll into the coin slot.
      And I'll bet that these are the same people who complain that said games won't work after they do these things. Either that, or they're deliberatly trying to piss off all the other customers.

-The Ballpit is NOT a garbage can!!!

-(NOTE: I don't know if this is true or not since I was not at the arcade the month or so before they removed the ballpit - I heard this from someone who was there at the time.)
      Don't have sex inside the ballpit. Do you want some kid walking in on you? Do you know it's RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARCADE?!?!?!
      No wonder they removed the ballpit...I think I know where all those urban legends about snakes and discarded drug needles lurking in ballpits came from now...

And why would anyone want to have *sex* in a ball pit!? I'm guessing the culprits had some kind of weird fetish...

-Don't rub the contents of your nose all over the buttons of Simpsons. That's the most popular game from time-to-time!
      What kind of parents let their kids do this?! Heck, what kind of adults do this?! Belive me, I'd be pissed if someone did this to The Simpsons arcade game, or any other game...

-Don't reach over and start mashing buttons on a game somebody else is playing.

-Don't shut the power off to a game that somebody's playing.
      Once again, it sounds like the culprits are deliberately trying to piss someone off...

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post

..The ballpit?! NEED MOAR BRAINBLEACH!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
          That doesn't sound very comfortable. Those balls can end up in the darndest places.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
            Ok, so why shouldn't you wear deodorant at an arcade?
            You should wear deodorant. :P Fortunately it's only the 13-14 year olds who think they don't or just need to take a bath in Cologne or Perfume

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the ballpits are being removed because of little kids crapping in there and it's a way bigger thing to do than when some kid throws up inside those play-tubes.
            Last edited by Digitalpotato; 05-28-2009, 07:01 PM.
            Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Sorry, I just have to ask.... WHO shaves at an arcade?!?

I've been digging Dave & Busters a lot these days. I like kids as much as the next person (who likes kids) but it's really nice to play some games without having little people squealing and running around everywhere, and hogging the best games! Plus, you can drink
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                ..The ballpit?! NEED MOAR BRAINBLEACH!
                Extremely common occurance, unfortunately.
                "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I'm going to add a few of my own since I'm a frequent DDR player:

If you are a parent:
                  -DO NOT let your "speshul snowflakes" onto the dance pad while someone is playing and then get mad at the player because your kid got accidentally stepped on.

-Do not let your "speshul snowflakes" jump around and horseplay on the machine when they have no intention of playing a round while there is a person waiting for them to get off so they can play!

If you are a player:
                  -Please don't stomp the dance pad when you play. There is absolutely no reason to do that if all of the arrows are registering properly. It doesn't take much pressure at all to make your step register. It makes me die a little inside with each stomp you make, and I know that eventually the pad will be ruined soon enough. Nothing sucks more than DDRing on a pad that barely works.

-Please keep your shoes ON when you play. Especially if your feet stink really bad. *pukes*

-Wear deodorant. This is DDR we are talking about.

-If I put a painted quarter up there in the quarter/token line so I always know which one is mine, DO NOT take my painted one and use it as your own when it's your turn to play!

-Remember your place in the quarter/token line.

-It's annoying when you pick the same song all 3 rounds you play.

-Don't shadow me without asking permission.

If you are an observer:
                  -Please don't ask me how to play when I'm right in the middle of playing. If you would wait for me to finish I would be more than happy to tell you about DDR.
                  Last edited by TheTigress; 05-29-2009, 04:39 AM.
                  My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                  My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Sex in a ballpit?!! No. Just No. As for the other stuff, that's jsut gross. Pass me some please.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sex in a ballpit?!

And Tigress, agreed to all the above except for the painted quarter bit. We don't do that in Australia, but the only DDR machines near me aren't 100% popular. What's REALLY annoying though is that I may have a good sense of rhythm, but I don't play the machine often enough, but then I get the "elitist" gamers being a PITA. I'm sorry, I don't turn into a PITA when you play your driving games, so don't do the same to me.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh you missed a few, Tigress.

-Don't shove people off the DDR when you decide it's your turn. Your turn begins when their turn ENDS.

-Clean your shoes off. I seriously HOPE that you just tracked mud into the arcade and then got it all over the DDR machine.

-I don't think it's very comfortable to be playing DDR with clogs...

-Don't try to replicate the Asian voices singing the song unless you got helium. This isn't Karaoke.

-Don't dance if you're one of those people with pants at half-mast because then they will fall right on off.

-No, they don't have Nirvana or whatever popular band you like.

-Don't standi n front of the screen. You will be kicked by a dancer.
                        Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

I'm a HUGE Dave & Buster's Patron. I LOVE it. Seriously. So, here's my ONE rule:

1. DON'T MESS WITH MY GALAGA GAME. You will lose a hand. 'Nuff said.*

*I had a kid reach over and try to mess with my control when I was on level 34. He CRIED like a little baby when I reflexively (and yes it was reflexive on my part) elbowed him and gave him a bloody nose. DON'T MESS WITH MY GALAGA GAME!!!!
                          Do I dare
                          Disturb the universe?
                          In a minute there is time
                          For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            That doesn't sound very comfortable. Those balls can end up in the darndest places.
                            Balls can end up in weird places even in normal settings for intimacy, Irv.
                            Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth Melxb View Post
                              *I had a kid reach over and try to mess with my control when I was on level 34. He CRIED like a little baby when I reflexively (and yes it was reflexive on my part) elbowed him and gave him a bloody nose. DON'T MESS WITH MY GALAGA GAME!!!!
                              This is fucking awesome
                              If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Working...
                              X