Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't tell if he's just burnt out from his job, but his attitude is getting worse.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't tell if he's just burnt out from his job, but his attitude is getting worse.

If all I need is milk, I usually don't make a special trip to the grocery store, but rather I stop at the 7-Eleven on the way home from work. I ask the clerk if I could get my milk double-bagged. He just rolls his eyes and complies.

This is only a recent occurrence, but still sucky. The reason I ask for double bagged milk is that I'm on bike. I put the bag of milk on one of the handlebars and if I had one bag, I couldn't be sure if my milk gets home safely.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    If all I need is milk, I usually don't make a special trip to the grocery store, but rather I stop at the 7-Eleven on the way home from work. I ask the clerk if I could get my milk double-bagged. He just rolls his eyes and complies.

This is only a recent occurrence, but still sucky. The reason I ask for double bagged milk is that I'm on bike. I put the bag of milk on one of the handlebars and if I had one bag, I couldn't be sure if my milk gets home safely.
    northern sun dot com sells these adorable little reusable bags that fold into themselves and become a cute little pouch with a carabinier clip to stick it onto something like a belt ... and it holds up to 25 lbs/10 kilo - they are like $7US each
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I never roll my eyes at that request; I rode the bus for years! I sometimes had to walk a 1/4 to 1/2 mile home from the stop. I think that guy hates his job.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I try to keep one of the zip-up, reusable Target bags with me. They're so cute. They do have limits, though. It would probably handle a half gallon of milk, but I wouldn't put a gallon in it.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          I try to keep one of the zip-up, reusable Target bags with me. They're so cute. They do have limits, though. It would probably handle a half gallon of milk, but I wouldn't put a gallon in it.
          The reusable Publix totes are only good for the small,light stuff. Other than that, they're dirt cheap to get.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I have a little basket on the handlebars of my bike for my stuff.
            Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Quoth Kinoo View Post
              I have a little basket on the handlebars of my bike for my stuff.
              I also advise this, or get a cargo rack on the back, then get a box or milk crate from somewhere and strap it on
              If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

or a rucksack.
                my boyfriend and i use to use our kifaru backpacks/rucksacks for grocery shopping. bike to the store, the packs would hold most of everything we got... then bike back. =)

Comment

Working...
                X