This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apparently not everyone understands the concept of fast food

OK, the ONLY joy I get out of working a 3-11 shift is that I get to stop at Arbys on my way to work... the ONLY joy. Seriously, I love Arbys, and if you get in the way of me getting my roastburger goodness, I will wish bad things upon you.

Now in this tale I blame both a sucky cashier and a sucky customer.
    See, this customer kept wanting special requests... which isn't so sucky... except he was working it into a personal conversation.
    Yes, despite the fact that he had never met this cashier before, he and the cashier were busy talking about pretty much everything but the food order. Now, I know the SC started the conversation, but I'm saying the cashier sucked too for not stopping it. Anyone who has worked in customer service for a day should know how to say the phrase "I'm sorry, I hate to sound rude, but other guests are waiting to be helped, can we please move forward with the order".
    So, what should have been a 30 second wait for me to get my roastburger goodness turned into a 5 to 10 minute wait for this cashier and SC to chit chat (and yes, I did keep track of the time... I only have limited time before work, so yes, I do watch the seconds).
    You know, it's one thing to do that when the place is dead and no one is waiting... but seriously, when there's at least 5 people in line? What ever happened to common... oh never mind... I've been here long enough, I know the answer to that.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Take me with you next time! I love arby's and have no problem with doing things like:

Me: Hey fuckhead! I'm hungry too, move it along.
    SC: What's your problem?!
    Me: *gets scary evil eye of doom that intimidates men twice my size, voice drops to scary whisper that promise much pain if one is stupid enough to disobey* You're my problem. Now order your food and step aside.

Me and Smiley gets nom nom noms and then skip off on our merry little way
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

you know... we really for have another queer SLCCSer lunch... even if I am a bit peeved that bnmeyers refered to it as that before I had come out... thus outing me to at least one SLCCSer

Comment

Smiley, You were the last to know about that. *hug* Does it have to be queer?? Cuz I fall into the straight category...
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

Comment

It doesn't have to be... besides, even if it is... every queer gathering needs to have the token straight girl
          And actually, I was the first to know, but the last to admit it (just for point of clarification).

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            Seriously, I love Arbys, and if you get in the way of me getting my roastburger goodness, I will wish bad things upon you.
            Bring it.

/fellow Arby's fanboy
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm the token straight girl.... Well fine then, I'll bring my token straight boyfriend and you cannot oggle his sexy muscles with all his tattoos and sexiness!! How bout them apples!?

Comment

now you're making me hungry. but i can't go out for arby's cos i just drank a beer.

evil smiley! =)

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  I'm the token straight girl.... Well fine then, I'll bring my token straight boyfriend and you cannot oggle his sexy muscles with all his tattoos and sexiness!! How bout them apples!?
                  as it is that I'm not really into big muscles or tattoos... I think he's safe around me

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  evil smiley! =)
                  I do my best

Comment

No no, not big muscles. They're sexy muscles, They're the sort you find on an athletic body, not the big scary steroid ones.

Comment

OK, but still not really into tattoos... so still safe

Comment

Okay, I want Arby's for lunch now!

As for bringing a token straight guy ... you can have my husband. 450+ pounds of manly manliness with furry moobs to add to the appeal! Plus he shaved off his goatee (at my request) AND he shaved off his mustache (much to my sadness).

So there!

Comment

Working...
                        X