X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll or Luddite???

Hey every body

newbie here so not sure if this is the exact place (so I've no issue if its moved) but it didn't happen to me....so I think it's is ok here

What happened was at a place I recently quit, an electrical/household goods store, had returned from a day off, to hear someone had returned a printer....not too unusual....
    A few times people get a standard inkjet when they want an all-in-one or occasionally they're faulty....etcetc
    Have a guess why it was returned....

Do, please....

The 'guest' couldn't go online with it.

Yes, the person bought a printer/scanner/copier thinking it could open a portal in the ether to create some plane of existence that would act as a browser....or maybe she thought 'yes, all routers are bigger than suitcases'.
    I didn't ask what she thought exactly, or what transpired after she announced her reasoning, I just shuddered and wondered why I was still working there....

I was wondering if you guys have encountered this alot yourselves....
    Not brain burps exactly, but a genuine belief that the product does somthing not even relative to it......

Yeah, I've read somewhere of an old chap complaining that the modem he bought wouldn't get him on the internet. IIRC, he didn't have a computer, and was just told that he needed a modem to get online.

Comment

i read a story here where someone signed up for online banking, not realizing you need a computer

though, for the printer... that depends what they were trying to do with it online. if they were trying to set it up as a network printer, that's a valid complaint. we had a lot of printers on my second ship that were connected directly to a network switch instead of a computer.

but if they were trying to web surf...yeah major brainburp
      Last edited by PepperElf; 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Heh, I know we've had stories around of people who buy mp3 players and then act surprised when they find out they have to have a computer to load music onto them.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I bought an MP3 because I heard it played music. Got it home and put it on the turntable....Man it made the most god awful sound.

Comment

Working...
          X