Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont wear scent... thanks for letting me know now!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont wear scent... thanks for letting me know now!?

I had to go for my medical on Friday and I encountered something bizarre.

Now I don't douse myself with perfume, I do put a single spritz on my neck of a eau de toilette because its much weaker than a parfum. But other than that most of my products are scent free because I have sensitive skin. I much prefer to smell clean, than to smell of perfume.

I have to go to four different testing centres to have the various tests done and on each of them there is a sign....

PLEASE DO NOT WEAR ANY PERFUME OR SCENTED PRODUCTS IN OUR OFFICE

now thats just fine, I don't mind not wearing anything if someone has an allergy, but how exactly am I supposed to know that before I come here?

What do they expect people to do? Bust out the wet wipes and start scrubbing off the scented soaps and perfumes and deodorants in the waiting room?

I had to ring and book at all of these places, and not one mentioned their policy on the phone and yet all four had VERY PROMINENT SIGNS RIGHT ON THE DESKS NOOOOOOO SCENTED PRODUCTS!!!!!!eleventy!

It just left me scratching my head.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Can we have those signs everswhere please?

Now I don't mind someone putting a little bit of perfume or whatever on, I do that too.... but how can people survive in the cloudkill that is Chanelle No. 5? My saves against cloudspells are really low, especially when they put 2 bottles of it out.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
      Can we have those signs everswhere please?
      but how would people know before they got there?

Comment

Something tells me they wont enforce that unless you're talking the old lady who baths in the perfume.

Comment

My dentists office has those signs.

A lot of medical places do, but I think mikoyan is right, they don't really care your first time unless you bathed in the stuff.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

As for the why....My mother is an asthmatic and if someone has put the perfume on a little too heavy, it can set her off.

Comment

But what would they do if an old lady came in and had never seen the signs before?

I dont personally have a problem with it because I dont shower myself in perfum, but if they don't mention it, I don't think its fair to send someone away because they didnt know...

I understand that people are allergic, that it can set off asthama and that its generally unpleasant (although Id rather have to smell that rather than crusty BO) but why have the policy in place if your not telling people about it before they get there, when they can't actually DO anything about it?

Comment

I say there should be adverts in the newspaper:

FREE!!!!
                We are now Scent Free!
                Please call your favorite merchants (listed below)
                About what is free there

Not sure it'd work, but we could give it a try?

Comment

I'm sensing that people aren't exactly getting the point of this post.

You cannot logically prevent perfume wearing by posting a sign on a desk at the establishment. The very least you can do is post a sign on the outside door.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                    I'm sensing that people aren't exactly getting the point of this post.

You cannot logically prevent perfume wearing by posting a sign on a desk at the establishment. The very least you can do is post a sign on the outside door.
                    but another point is that most if not all SC's and EW's WILL NEVER READ A SIGN unless it has the word FREE or DSICOUNT in it. AND remember NO = RUDE

I agree that they may not be able to prevent first time/visit people from wearing but if someone bathed in really cheap stuff stinky stuff comes in they do have a case for asking them to leave.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      but if someone bathed in really cheap stuff stinky stuff comes in they do have a case for asking them to leave.
                      but how would they know before they got there? I really don't think its fair to enforce a policy that people have no idea is in place before its too late

thats like saying "No make up is to be worn in this office"

how would you be able to remove the make up once they have already turned up?

if I turned up and they said "no you will have to come back another time because you are wearing make up and we have a no make up policy"

I would be steamed, especially if no one had mentioned it to me when I made the appointment!

perfume is not like a jacket, or a bag, you cant just take it off anywhere.

Comment

I think the no-scent policy should be stated on either the recording to the doctor's office. (The pediatrician office I use for Child Rum, has long message with all sorts of information before you can push whichever extension you need). Or the appointment makers should mention it when you make an appointment (especially if you're a first-time patient).

Comment

Something no one brought up... You said these were all drug testing centers?? Maybe that sign is there for people who smoked a bowl in the parking lot, then put on 10 lbs of Tag body spray. Or drunks who think they can hide the smell of booze with cologne/perfume. Also, There is a certain type of alcohol test that is supposedly very sensitive. I was told if you use ANY products with alcohol, you can test positive. That would include perfumes and hand santizers.

So maybe that wasn't really directed at you?
                          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                            Something no one brought up... You said these were all drug testing centers??

So maybe that wasn't really directed at you?
                            um... no their were no drug tests, I said various tests, but none of those was a drug test! that is a valid reason I suppose for people to douse themselves, although Im fairly sure if they smoked just before a test they would surely fail!!

I had a blood test, urine test, x-rays and a physical by a doctor

I know the sign wasn't directed at me, I'm just asking how people are supposed to know about these no scent things.

Comment

Did you go first to one doctor and then to these other places for tests?

Because if you did the doctor's office is supposed to be the one informing you that these places do not allow perfume, etc. They are sending you to place so they know the rules. (Especially since it was all three of them with the sign.)

Comment

Working...
                              X