X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told to me by a Customer...

So I suppose a secondhand Sighting?

This customer is a long term customer, a very nice gent. He works in the funeral business, is tall and of course, wears a black suit most of the time.

One Sunday he tells us, after Church he goes to Wal-Mart to buy Twilight (Insert Irony here). There, there's a little boy about six or so with glasses... bouncing around, shouting, doing boy-stuff.

Then the boy bumps into my customer, and immediately turns and in a fit of maturity, apologises and stuff.

Then the boy notices what Customer is carrying in his hands.

Boy: You aren't BUYING that are you?? That's the Devil's work! You're the Devil! The Devil!
    My Customer:
    The boy continues pointing at him and shouting he's the devil, all the other customers are looking at the boy and he and stuff, of course parents dont care, they're nearby shopping and looking at Sales.

While telling us this story, the customer admits he wishes he thought to bare his teeth and hiss at the child. He also said he had very realistic vampire fangs at home too.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

either that or quote Shakespeare in a very clear, low voice...

"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun"

Comment

There's quite a few things that I might call Twilight, but the Devi's work? Nah, Old Nick wouldn't write something as daft as Sparkling Vampires in High School
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        There's quite a few things that I might call Twilight, but the Devi's work? Nah, Old Nick wouldn't write something as daft as Sparkling Vampires in High School
        More like Tara Gillesbie's work.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Devil wouldn't even touch Twilight let alone read or watch it. It's too toxically sugary to even be considered devil work.
          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

"It's the Devil's work!!!!11!111!!!"

yes, the Devil's work... written by a middle-aged Mormon woman
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Great, now I can just see the Devil, in a fit of rage, not only read the Twilight series, but then put pen to paper (or hands to typewriter) and write his own vampires go to high school book.

Comment

Don't you know that if they sell it at Wal Mart, it's approved by Jesus Christ himself?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                  That's the Devil's work!
                  "You're right, it is absolutely terrible, isn't it?" *toss books on floor and stand there, arms akimbo, until guy leaves*
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Damn....am I the only one here that has yet to read or know a drop of that book called Twilight?
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      Damn....am I the only one here that has yet to read or know a drop of that book called Twilight?
                      Nope, I hissed when I saw it in my local bookstore, I was tempted to turn all the front ones around, but then I thought of the poor employee who'd have to face them the right way and decided not to.
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

going OT here, I read an article ABOUT Twilight. It was in one of my boss' monthly mormon newsletters. Apparently some guy in the CHurch says that while it is silly in places, it also portrays what women want in a man - a man who wants to do 'bad things' to us, but also restrains himself willingly. Well, not so much us WANTING a man who wants to do that, but basically a gentleman who reins in his primal instinct - whether that instinct be sucking blood or breeding.

Or something like that.
                        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I probably would have threatened to devour his soul in my most I WILL KILL YOU voice.
                          "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                          James from Pokémon.

Comment

Nope, and I hope I never have to.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I resisted as long as I could, and traded in part of my soul when I gave up, mostly from the numerous spelling errors that threatened my imminent throwing the book through a window...
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X