X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SC's are Definitely Breeding

Hi,

I'm not sure I've ever posted before, but have been lurking for ages enjoying your stories. I haven't worked in a few years, but have had my share of SC's in retail, secretarial work, and even my clients when I was a computer programmer had their SC moments.

Anyway, I overheard something yesterday that I just knew I had to post on here.

I was at the dreaded WalMart (cheapest place for the mundane objects I run out of) and could hear half the length of the store away the screeching child and parent coming down the aisle.

Let me state, this wasn't the irritating but forgiveable (to child, not so much to parent) toddler or less, who has been kept out way too long and is having a "I missed my nap and I'm dead tired and don't know how to cope with it" major meltdown.

Nope, this child was probably 5 or 6, and screaming at the top of her lungs - all I could catch was "but I wanted...." before the volume and screechiness levels raised to the point of being impossible to understand the object or activity she was so cruelly being denied.

As I turned the corner and lost sight (but not sound!) of them, I had a brief impression of the mom reaching down to (comfort, control, whatever - didn't look like she was about to do anything more drastic, at least).

Next thing I hear is the kid screaming "Don't touch me.... I'm gonna
    SUUUUUUEEEEEE you!!!!!

Assuming kids learn most stuff from their parents, then yep, the SC's are difinitely breeding. Sigh. Just wait til that one turns it out to all those around her rather than aiming it at her mom....

Merriweather
    The only thing "normal" in my life is a setting on my washing machine

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Next thing I hear is the kid screaming "Don't touch me.... I'm gonna
    SUUUUUUEEEEEE you!!!!!
    Classic.

Next thing you're gonna hear from the kids?

"I'm going to have your job!"

"GET ME YOUR MANAGER!"

"I PAY YOUR SALARY!!!!"
    Last edited by Dips; 06-09-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

god damn little ingrates
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Damn, another future SC.....
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've mentioned this in a previous post, but my favorite ever was "Moooooooooooommmmm. You're waaaaaaassstingggg my tiiiiiimmmmmmm."

Brat.

Comment

If the child screams "In THIS economy," we are ALL DOOMED!
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My son has started taking after his dad with phrases like..
              -"It's too expensive. we can't afford that"-I can't afford a $3 toy. when did that happen?
              -"we need to find a cheaper brand"-Okay kid, you're 6. you don't even know one brand from another unless it's got a cartoon on it.
              -"do you really need that?"-yes, my money, i'll spend it how I want.
              -"you're giving me a headache!"-and so are you dear child!
              "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                My son has started taking after his dad with phrases like..
                -"It's too expensive. we can't afford that"-I can't afford a $3 toy. when did that happen?
                -"we need to find a cheaper brand"-Okay kid, you're 6. you don't even know one brand from another unless it's got a cartoon on it.
                -"do you really need that?"-yes, my money, i'll spend it how I want.
                -"you're giving me a headache!"-and so are you dear child!
                *chuckles* Sounds like you have a kid who has listened to Dave Ramsey on the radio a couple times. May not be a bad thing, if you start right now you could teach him to be responsible with his money and not need student loans, car loans, and might be able to pay for a house with cash.

Comment

I don't know why, but I'm suddenly reminded of an old episode of Rugrats when Angelica was going to sue her parents for making her eat broccoli.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                    I don't know why, but I'm suddenly reminded of an old episode of Rugrats when Angelica was going to sue her parents for making her eat broccoli.
                    OMG I remember that one!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

my little sister will sometimes say mean things when she gets angry, or call someone a bitch when adults aren't around...but she'd strike me as a future dumb-customer...she's a blonde and a bit ditzy...only 13 years old, too....

Comment

What about the series of Ozy & Millie strips where Millie sues the school bully because he beat her up all the time and took her lunch money...?
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                        X