This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I thought it was funny

This happened right in front of me in line earlier today. None of it was suck but it amused the heck out of me.

G1: Guy 1
    WF: WoW Fan
    CG: Counter Girl

G1 notices the Pepsi guy delivering the new World of Warcraft branded Mtn Dew.
    G1: Look at that, World of Warcraft Mtn Dew. (clearly disgusted)
    WF: Coool
    G1: What? I can’t believe you like that.
    WF: What? It’s fun.
    G1: On-line games are such a waste of money.
    WF: I pay $40 every three months and I don’t go out and blow money on a bunch of other stupid stuff just to keep me entertained.
    G1: You’re still paying for permission to play a game. (Goes on minor rant about video games and wasting money)

WF has finished his purchase and leaves store.

G1 to CG: Pack of <name brand cigarettes> please
    CG: $6.58 please

G1 pays and leaves happy.

CG looks at me weird cause I am
    翻訳サーバーは現在オフ・ラインである。 後でもう一度試しなさい。

Do you know how much money I save staying at home gaming instead of having a real social life?!! Oh wait... crap... Maybe I need to rethink my approach <.< >.>

ETA: I'm becoming slowly much nerdier... I now only spend my money on 4 things. Horror movie collection, video games, my weekly motorcycle ride, and tattoos. And those last 2 things might fall into your stereotypical "cool" category, if I wasn't just so damn geeky about those things too!
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Well, if one's goal is to die earlier, then certainly cigarettes are no waste of money.

Comment

I'd rather play the online games than waste my money on cigs.
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I really wish you had pointed out to her the irony of the situation! Maybe she would rethink her high-horse attitude.

I'm trying to cut back on the cigs, so instead of smoking I try to think about all of the things I will buy with the money I save by smoking just a few packs less a month. I could probably afford WoW AND FFXI
          !
          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Better to stay home playing video games than to go out & drink, get drunk & run over somebody & end up being somebody's bitch in the Penn while you're doing an 8-to-10 stretch for manslaughter.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
              ETA: I'm becoming slowly much nerdier... I now only spend my money on 4 things. Horror movie collection, video games, my weekly motorcycle ride, and tattoos. And those last 2 things might fall into your stereotypical "cool" category, if I wasn't just so damn geeky about those things too!
              are you my long lost sibling?

except for the motorcycle that is...

Just got a decepticon logo tattoo-all hail megatron!!!!!
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Mr_Bandwagon View Post
                G1: Look at that, World of Warcraft Mtn Dew. (clearly disgusted)
                "Hello, moron, what you did today?" ... er... "Hello, most WoW players I've met drink Mountain Dew, Blizzard's just trying to cash in more... big hairy deal!"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Mr_Bandwagon View Post
                  World of Warcraft branded Mtn Dew.
                  That stuff taste like carbonated and the after taste of Pez.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My friends and I have a saying:

Anime Fandom: A heroin addiction would be cheaper.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i just think it's funny.... what that person spends for WoW is probably far less than what the guy spends on smokes

Comment

Working...
                      X