This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOUD shoppers...

This thread reminded me of an encounter I had at the WalMart a few weeks ago...

I walk through the big double doors, and in the main walkway (y'know, the wider aisles that are the main 'highways' of the store) is a woman, about my height and 2.5 times as wide, wearing a BRIGHT orange top with no bra...

( )

... shuffling along the aisle, SHOUTING out a name: "DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL!" (name changed to protect the possible innocent)

I quickly stop off to a side aisle to try and shake off the horror I had just seen, then work my way around to get past her without looking at her again.

After about 5 seconds, I hear her again: "DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL!"

Gaaah! I change gears into a quick-march and head for the automotive section, at the FAR end of the store.

Every 5 seconds, she calls out again: "DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL!"

I take my sweet time finding what I needed, and yes, every 5 seconds: "DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL!"

I also note a little bit of a change in the volume and direction of each call. She's waddling around the store aisle, calling out "DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL!"

After hiding for a bit, I decide to head for Electronics (looking for new DVDs)... and find her standing at the entrance to the section, yelling at DAAAAAANIEEEEEEEL, who turns out to be a teenager, a foot taller than me, twice as wide and trying his best to ignore his mother while he looks at the CDs.

( )

Instead, I high-tail it to the front to pay and leave.

Even the cashiers were shaking their heads...
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

That is rude of the mother and the son. He should have just told her where he was to shut her up. Unfortunately my mother would sometimes yell my name in a store but I'd be so mortified that i'd rush over so she'd stop. ugh.

Comment

It's rude and obnoxious, but unfortunately, it's typical Wal-Mart clientel behavior, at least where I come from.

I swear, most people I see at Wal-Mart are Jerry Springer/Maury rejects, missing more than a few teeth, have mullets, males wearing "wife beaters" in lieu of a shirt, beyond foul sailor language, and the most unclassy, undignified behavior that you'll ever see.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I once had some guy follow me and my (then 14) sister over to a nearby craft store screaming out either "Girls!" or "JULES!" One of the two. We got in and hid upstairs, but we saw him still come in and in the end, he found who he was looking for...his wife.

Guy makes a reappearance at my work going "DAVE!" "DAVE!" Repeatedly. And loudly. Not once. but twice.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          It's rude and obnoxious, but unfortunately, it's typical Wal-Mart clientel behavior, at least where I come from.

I swear, most people I see at Wal-Mart are Jerry Springer/Maury rejects, missing more than a few teeth, have mullets, males wearing "wife beaters" in lieu of a shirt, beyond foul sailor language, and the most unclassy, undignified behavior that you'll ever see.
          You must be from South Florida, because the Wal-Marts I have been inside of have exactly the type of clientele you just described. You never see decent people shopping there. It's more or less people who don't bathe on a regular basis, are three times as wide as I am, have two or three teeth (and smile when they shouldn't), and have to shout as loud as they can to have a normal conversation. If I shop at one in a state like Tennessee, everyone is friendly to you.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

Guy makes a reappearance at my work going "DAVE!" "DAVE!" Repeatedly. And loudly. Not once. but twice.
            You mean VRS' customers are seeking him at the Wal-Mart like he's the second coming??????
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X