This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke free parks

i heard about this on the radio today... several parks here have adopted "no smoking" rules for the entire park, because it's basically a place for kids to play.

now... personally i'm for smoker's rights but in this case... i say it's a good thing, because the park itself is predominately a place for kids to play.

and growing kids don't need to be playing next to old cigarette butts or breathing in crap.

I'm probably gonna shock people by saying this, seeing as I got pretty heated up about it on fratching, but I would actually *support* this.

Parks are mostly family and kid friendly, and I don't think kids should have to play around nasty cigarette butts either.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I am surprised. I assumed there would be way more angry people over this. As for where I stand on the issue...I'm not sure. I don't even smoke actually, but even so I can't decide.

Comment

You haven't experienced the full impact of smoking-permitted until you see a 2-year old pick up a butt and try to eat it.

"Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Contentious issue? Check
          "Rights"? Check
          Fratching? Check
          Thread Closed? Check
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
          X