This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why phone center people get screamed at

I just now refilled my T-mobil phone. I got $25. That's how much I needed, that's how much I can afford to pay.

They charged me twice! And although of COURSE there was a live person there to take my farking money when I called, I can't farking find a live person to GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. I am PISSED as hell, and if there were ANY phone companies out there that weren't exactly as bad I'd be switching this SECOND.

Fuckers.

Edit: Finally got a live person. She said she couldn't help me and would transfer me to the person who could. The person I was transferred to said she couldn't help me and would transfer me to the person who could. AND THEN SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T HELP ME AND WOULD TRANSFER ME TO THE PERSON WHO COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know where she transferred me to? THE FUCKING REFILL SYSTEM THAT TOOK MY MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hung up, and I'm disputing this through my credit card company instead. It's easier. That's really pathetic when filing a dispute is easier than getting ONE PERSON who can actually FIX A PROBLEM at a company.

(I didn't actually scream at anybody except the stupid computer. I don't scream at people who are just doing their jobs. But it would help if they could do their jobs competently!)
    Last edited by spark; 06-10-2009, 02:20 AM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

So three people said they couldn't help you and would transfer you to someone who could? And then the third one transferred you to the group of people that screwed up in the first place?

Send a nice (nice only because it will probably not get read otherwise) snail mail letter to T-mobile corporate headquarters detailing as much of what happened as possible. That way if they actually care they can take steps to fix it plus you may get something from them by way of apology.

Comment

similar phone woes...unicel sucks...i was never late for a payment (if anything i was always early) and i lost my phone (it completely disappeared) and the replacements they gave me all sucked and didn't work so i just said i'd quit my phone service...in march. they still charged me in april, and i told them that i wanted to quit OVER THE PHONE (because sending a letter wasn't enough) and they said they'd get on that...still paid the bill because I felt it was the right thing to do...they kept trying to charge me well into june, me ignoring them the last four times and phoning the company to quit their service each time...the last two times i called they ignored me...wtf....

Comment

I dont know T-Mobiles billing systems, but every prepaid card I have ever bought though my own cell provider has a non refundable clause. asked around and eventualy found that that clase is there because the billing systems they use cant issue a refund.....

It sucks, especialy when Myself, the CSR or the Billing systems themselves hoop up and double bill.

Comment

T-Mobile sucks simple as that.

I used one of their prepaids for roughly 6 years, never any problems. I decided I needed a proper phone with a plan. T-mobile offers a month to month plan. I found that if I did it online I would get a free phone. Got my free phone was all happy. My sister then informs me that she can put me on her better plan for cheaper. I call T-mobiel to cancel even though it's month to month.

It was then T-mobile informed me that I was now on a yearly contract because I had chosen a free phone. Of course they don't put this anywhere on their site. After a tiny bit of yelling (I apologized) and some crying (ok a lot of crying I was frustrated), I gave up and now am stuff with the more expensive plan for a year.

I hate T-mobile so much.
          The worst is not,
          So long as we can say, 'This is the worst.' (King Lear IV.1)

Comment

Fro, that is one thing I'll give Verizon, they don't have the best phones, or the best service, or the best plans, but at least every time I've dealt with them they have been very up front and honest with what I'll be getting and what the contract involved.

When I used my upgrade credit the sales person was very up front that by using my credit I was automatically renewing my contact for another two years, if I wanted to make any changes to my plan I'd better make it then, because as soon as he hit enter on my upgrade credit I was keeping what I had (unless of course I want to upgrade, they will always let you upgrade to a more expensive plan). And to be honest, that's why I stay with them. I know they aren't the best, but at least so far I've always dealt with people who make it very clear exactly what I'm getting so there isn't any unpleasant surprises.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, contact them and request a charge-back.

If not, contact the telecom Ombudsmon in your state/country. Seriously. Not being able to quickly reverse an extra charge is the sort of problem they want to know about. They wield a mighty big hammer.

Comment

wow, I am surprised..

I had the same thing happen to me last week and I got my money refunded to me in two days. The same thing had happened to Comcast and they too gave me my money back.
                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Fro View Post
                  It was then T-mobile informed me that I was now on a yearly contract because I had chosen a free phone. Of course they don't put this anywhere on their site.
                  I'd bet my next paycheck that there was "fine print" attached to the info on the phone offer (not the actual service) that required the contract.

I say this because I have T-Mobile, and I did a lot of research on phone plans and options before I got my mobile service. You almost never get a free phone for signing up; you get a free phone for agreeing to a contract.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

at&t is by far way worse than that

i had t-mobile but never had the prepaid service always ahd the plan but the worst customer service in the world would have to be at&t by god they seriously need to improve there customer service than also the only service available for my area was economy which is less than a meg wow that is so lame than they wanted to put me on a contract they are so full of shit.
                    CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

Comment

Working...
                    X