This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Akasa View Post
    So yesterday I was in Kmart(because its close) to buy a box fan. While there I needed to use the restroom and on my way out of the restroom I saw this gem.

Lady with a toddler in the cart, not the seat where he would be safe, no standing in the cart and leaning over giggling as mom looked at clothes.
    Then he topples over and lands on his head. No I was not quick enough to save him being about 20 feet away. The wails of the injured child could be heard half way through the store.
    I remember riding in carts like that. But then I grew up in the age where we didn't need little covers on the plugs and we didn't have little Mr Yuk stickers on cleaning supplies.....

Comment

Quoth Setsunaela View Post
      Oh and the new wegmans carts are interesting, but people seem to misjudge the length of it because the tiers are staggered. I've been jabbed in the behind more than once.

I might have been the one to do that to you! Or my mom was the one. We both hate the new carts because of the length differential.

Please watch out if you're going to Wegmans today. I'm going there to get some groceries. Maybe Wegmans should pad the bottom tier with nice, soft pillows?

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
        And yet your store might well have been liable, in this age of being able to sue for anything and everything. Hopefully that lady grows a brain before her kid cripples or kills himself through childish foolishness.
        that's why a lot of carts have the drawings of how the kids are suppose to sit

including a drawing of the kid standing in the car with it's arm reached out.. and a giant' NO symbol over it.

i assume that way they can say "you were warned"

Oh and the new wegmans carts are interesting, but people seem to misjudge the length of it because the tiers are staggered. I've been jabbed in the behind more than once.
        i hate those carts. i prefer the half-carts (smart carts i think they're called). thankfully they found a new manufacturer for them too.
        course i dont think you can fit a kid in one but... that's ok for me

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          that's why a lot of carts have the drawings of how the kids are suppose to sit

including a drawing of the kid standing in the car with it's arm reached out.. and a giant' NO symbol over it.

i assume that way they can say "you were warned"
          And then watch as they say "But I dunno what that big ol' circle with the line through it was! I thought it meant zero!"
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            And then watch as they say "But I dunno what that big ol' circle with the line through it was! I thought it meant zero!"
            If they even bother to read it, that is.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

hey, you could try to counter-sue them for not following company/store policies/rules when it comes to using their equipment...it's a silent agreement that if you enter any store you abide by their rules...

Comment

Working...
              X