X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whew, close call!

I was nearly an SC!

One of my favorite companies is Lollyphile (www.lollyphile.com); I'd ordered and enjoyed their absinthe lollypops in the past, and was excited to finally be able to place an order for a mix of their other flavors (bourbon, wasabi-ginger, and maple-bacon). All went well, I got my confirmation on the 4th, etc. They usually only take a few days to arrive, so when a week went by, I sent an email asking if there was a tracking number.

No response.

I wait another week, and send a more strongly worded email, stating that if I didn't hear back soon, I would begin working with PayPal to get my money back.

Finally got a response today: the guy in charge of the company had been on a honeymoon in Cambodia and hadn't been able to check email! Apparently, whoever was in charge of shipping while he was gone had screwed up some orders, and mine was one of them. Anyhow, he was great about it, and let me choose between getting my order ASAP and getting a refund. Of course I chose getting the order: I wanna see what those crazy flavors taste like!

I did mention my frustration on Twitter (they have an account there), but went back today and proclaimed that Lollyphile is still awesome.

I don't think I acted too much like an SC, did I?
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Nah, what you did was fine and probably most of the rest of us would have done something similar. There's no harm in contacting a company to confirm an order, and getting more insistent after not hearing from them for another week.

Let us know what you think of those crazy flavors when you get them!

Comment

I think you were okay, too. You were direct but kept your cool - an SC would've like threatened to get a lawyer or something. Well, you know how they can be.

Comment

*nom nom nom nom* In no way was I eating the original batch of lollipops that were to be sent to your house...*runs*

In all seriousness, I would have done the same as well. Sometimes you just have to say "HEY!", when something is taking a lot longer than usual.

By the way, I checked out that site . I'm not a lollipop sort of person, but I got quite curious about it and they do look good.
        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Thanks for reassuring me, all! I was pretty sure I wasn't sucky (ok, the announcing of my frustration on Twitter might've been a little sucky) but sometimes I second-guess myself!

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
          By the way, I checked out that site . I'm not a lollipop sort of person, but I got quite curious about it and they do look good.
          I'm not that into lollypops either (tricky to eat, with the stick and all--I generally prefer regular hard candy), but theirs are interesting, I like their site, I like to support small businesses, and the absinthe ones were great!
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

I tried the link and it couldn't be found...but wtf? do they seriously have all those funky flavors in lolly pops? sounds like the chewing gum from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              I tried the link and it couldn't be found...but wtf? do they seriously have all those funky flavors in lolly pops? sounds like the chewing gum from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
              oops, I mistyped the link: www.lollyphile.com

And yes, they do! they keep adding flavors, too, can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Comment

Working...
              X